[DOWNLOAD] Windows with Unified Write Filter and Embedded Lockdown Manager

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by xinso, Aug 19, 2013.

1. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #1 xinso, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    Abandoned due to modified iso not allowed. Sorry about that.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. reallango

reallango MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Win 8 Ent 64bit

So I’m looking to get the unified write filter in Windows 8 Enterprise x64. Is this possible? I’ve been looking everywhere for how I might do this but your thread is the closest thing I've found as of now. I know we had a method we use to use with win 7 32bit to get EWF enabled.

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated. If I have to do 32bit then that’s what I’ll have to use.

4. reallango

reallango MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Ok so I was able to get the files in the right place and the registry settings imported. I don't understand the commands and all in the manifest so I'm guessing this is where I'm having my current issue. I can run the uwfmgr.exe but any commands I send give me a the following error "The command failed (0x8004100E)"
    Thanks for your help

5. reallango

reallango MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    I wondered what had happened. I was busy that night and tried to look the next morning. But the reply was gone. I pulled it from google cahce and started trying to make sense of it. seems like I had everything except the mofcomp command. Thanks so much for your help.

6. MissFortuneGO

MissFortuneGO MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2013
    Useful post, thanks.

7. reallango

reallango MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    This svf method works real easy. But after installing I keep getting a message saying "your computer is low on memory" The machine in question has 4gb which I would think should be enough. And task manager says all but about 50mb is being used.

8. reallango

reallango MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks so much. I'm going to give this a try now. If i don't want elm installed on the local machine should I just ignore the second folder and the elm.reg file?

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #9 Tito, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    @xinso

As modified ISO (or a delta for creating it) isn't allowed in MDL, it would be better that you remove the attachments & share the method to create it from scratch.

:innocent:

10. inca2319

inca2319 MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2009
    @xinso & @reallango
    What was your process to get this to install? What lines did you add to SetupComplete.cmd?

11. Nutter295

Nutter295 MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2014
    Hello Everyone
    I'm trying to install uwf on a standard windows 8.1 machine I have the registry settings from uwfreg-parameters-Wdf as well as uwfs-instances-uwfs
    and the registry in uwfServicingservice
    I have got all files with uwf with uwfs in the name through searching C: and uwf registry settings in hkey_local/system/CurrentcontrolSet\Services\uwfs moved from a 8.1 emb system to an 8.1 laptop in the same locations

I have run the
    regsvr32 -s %windir%\system32\wbem\uwfwmi.dll na d
    mofcomp %windir%\system32\wbem\uwfwmi.mof
    but apart from uwfmgr I have not done any other cmd scripts
    when I run uwfmgr get-config and other commands I get Provider Load failure any help would be great.!
    Thanks,
    Nutter