Downloading Silverlight videos

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by SupremeSabre, Aug 12, 2011.

1. SupremeSabre

SupremeSabre MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Hi. I have been looking for a way to rip Silverlight Videos...I tried Internet Download Manager, but the download button does not pop up. I'm guessing it had not detected any video request being made. Does anyone have experience in saving Silverlight Videos? What format are those videos in?

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SupremeSabre

Oct 22, 2010
    Tried reinstalling orbit, with FF3.0.19. Sad to say the same thing occurs. I guess it's the silverlight that's updated making old software not compatible. If it's simple like requesting a flv file my IDM would have intercepted it...

I guess i'll need to wait till someone makes an updated Silverlight downloader:(

5. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    Does Grab++ plugin works for you with FF3.0.19 for intercepting FLVs? Cause if it doesn't, there might be a different issue here...

6. SupremeSabre

Oct 22, 2010
    works perfectly for FLV, youtube and other common web players. Silverlight's being an @sshole

7. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
  8. SupremeSabre

Oct 22, 2010
    #9 SupremeSabre, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
    (OP)
    I just can't thank you enough.

I had been immensely impressed with IDM all this while. To think that it got beaten hands down by a free program I haven't even heard of. At least when it come to silverlight. This is what i see when i right click (using ff) and click 'Flashgot All', using IDM as download manager; in contrast to what i get using IDM alone.
    It appears that IDM shows more items, but the mp4 is lacking.

flashgot beats IDM.jpg

Off topic: this forum's image attachment function sucks...it deletes your message

9. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    FlashGot has been around for quite a while now and has become very popular. To be honest, I didn't have high hopes of it working with Silverlight content. Thankfully, I was wrong... It just shows you that a trial and error approach can overcome almost anything :biggrin:

Glad it worked out for you :)