DreamSpark Premium w/ Windows 8.1 Pro Key

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MSDNAA, Oct 1, 2013.

1. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #1 MSDNAA, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    I have seen that some Universities are being delivered with Windows 8.1 Pro MAK Key w/ 1 Activation. But most of the universities are being provided with "Retail" Key. I am wondering why is this difference is the difference due to the nature of University or Course? If a student wants to obtain MAK key for Windows 8.1 Pro from DreamSpark ELMS WebStore what he has to do? I contacted Kivuto regarding this but they have no answer for this question or should i contact Microsoft DreamSpark? Your suggestions / answers please.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    Actually a good question. I have Win7 MAK Keys with count of 5 and 3 (Ultimate Checker) and since some migration I got new retail keys.
    Win8 only retail
    Win8.1 only retail

3. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    I'm also a bit confused - MAK with only 1 activation?...what's the point of that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Which means you can even download and activate Windows 8.1 Enterprise from your DreamSpark Website if your WebStore has one. Typically, it is only for the WebStore Administrators along with MSDN DreamSpark Premium.

5. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Yup I gathered that, just don't see the point of a single user enterprise deployment...

6. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Actually the MAK Key w/ Single activation is good enough for Single User where he gets unlimited phone activation.

7. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Can someone please confirm Your school / college name because I am communicating with Kivuto regarding this and they are asking "which school are being provided with MAK keys"

Please and thanks.

8. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    unfortunatly i don't want to tell. i only can tell it's way in the past - 4-6 years ago. I guess within the first week of the release of w7.

9. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I would appreciate if anybody can tell the University name where you get a MAK key w/ 1 activation, so that i can contact Kivuto in order to get one.

Thanks

10. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    MAK=Multi-activation-key ...... how could one be considered as multi???? LOL. :eek:

Anyway, a dreamsparkP retail key is eligible to activate 2 machines, maybe that was where the misunderstanding started.

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Thought you already were a subscriber to MSDN or such and such? :confused:

12. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
  13. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    There are reasons for my denying. And MAK was only in the past and only for Win7. --> Before the complete overhaulin of the Dreamspark Portal. In this time it was MSDNAA and as I remember right the provider was not the current one (onthehub.com)
    Why do you want this MAK Keys over Retail so hard? Do I miss something special here?
    Current state: no enterprise versions are available and won't be.

14. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I just wanted to know the University Name or tell me type of your University. Because I contacted Kivuto and they are asking for the University name which provides MAK key to students, so that they can confirm some things. Now I am stuck here.

Why do you want this MAK Keys over Retail so hard? Do I miss something special here?
    I need MAK keys in order to install 8.1 Enterprise / Pro VL. Yes you are definitely missing something

Current state: no enterprise versions are available and won't be.
    Think again - check these screenshots.
    DreamSpark_8_1_Enterprise.png DreamSpark_8_1_Pro.png

I have one client who got MAK key from his university, he got a link from me for Pro VL by showing the following proof. I have marked the MAK key with an Arrow pointing to it.
    8.1 MAK Key.png 8.1 MAK Key_1.png

If you are DreamSpark Premium Subscription admin you can obtain 100 MAK keys in one shot.

Now if anybody would be kind enough to provide the University Name if you have access to MAK keys.

Thanks

15. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
  16. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Yup saw that but ...:(

DP.png

17. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
  18. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    OK, OIC...... :eek: