Drivers and Installers: Why some devices are ignored?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Demencial777, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Demencial777

Demencial777 MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2012
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Demencial777

Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks for the Info, was enlightening. Certainly, what I used to know about drivers became more complex over time.

Sone parts are interesting, especially the part that points out that sometimes you just need the standard microsoft stuff if the device complies with a hardware standard.

But... How does this work with AMD? Are they really automating this or just being lazy?

Cheers!

4. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    U should always go to the vendor web site and get the proper drivers their for the model of your machine before u go else were looking for it.

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    My God, the prices of hardware components here in my country (Brazil) are absurdly high I can't believe they are really in the clouds, you just can't buy anything else ... I made a comparison Brazil & US and I could see that the difference it is huge i was planning to upgrade my hardware with AMD Ryzen but i think i should stick with my AMD FM2 + platform unfortunately ;):(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
  7. Demencial777

Dec 30, 2012
    Sometimes just having older drivers is a risk of malfunction, specially when Windows is constantly changing their WDDM... One day you end up with a slow thing because it's doesn't render things properly.
    Besides, this Acer has no more new drivers from the vendor since 2017... I bought it on 2016, I should sue them.

Anyway...

The answer i seek is... is a driver is missed by the installer, should I really force the installation? Or is it because it actually installs, but under certain specific conditions?

What to do in this cases?

8. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    What happens in this business a computer 4-5 years old is already consider old and many vendors abandon support they want u to go buy the latest and greatest, but ASUS is a very popular brand but all vendors pretty much work that way after a few years your pretty much on your own.