drivers issue ?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by logicwatch, Jul 11, 2018.

1. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi
    I am installing windows 7 premium to a Acer netbook ( with no inbuilt cd drive )
    I installed from usb stick
    My issue is after completion there are no drivers present showing in device manager for the usb ports
    no wifi driver and no ethernet driver.
    So I am stuck in a position whereby I cannot install them as I have no means to input an external usb cd drive
    as usb ports not working until drivers installed ?
    I cannot go on the internet to download drivers because of no drivers present for either wifi or ethernet
    with no on board cd drive either I am stuck on how to move on.
    Is there a means of putting some of the required drivers into my windows 7 usb stick easily?
    then reinstalling windows again and it will automatically allow these to work after the install completes ?
    If so could somebody kindly point me in the right direction here
    many thanks
    :)

2. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi thanks for the quick response
    is the install.wim a tool integrated already within the windows 7 usb ?

3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Windows 7 does not have native USB 3/3.1 drivers.
    If your chipset/board has USB 3 or 3.1 then you'll need that tool Enth posted

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. machao_mengqi

machao_mengqi MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2017
    I have been got problem like you. If you install windows 7 usb 3.0 will not preload in original OS build. You must push usb to USB port 2.0 or change to use Windows 7 repack or windows 10.
    But I wonder why windows 7 don't ask you for driver missing while it is installing windows? Because It ask me driver for usb 3.0 port (if I push my usb to 3.0 port)

5. Oxygen_IT

Oxygen_IT MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2018
    Put the drive in another PC, download and copy 3DP_Net to the Acer's hard drive. Put the Acer drive back in the laptop, and using the keyboard / trackpad, navigate to the 3DP)Net file. Putting it on the desktop will will make things easier.

This will likely install LAN / WIFI drivers.

Once you're online, google Snappy Driver Installer. Get the 4MB version, run it and select "Download for this PC only" , then let it work. It'll take a bit of time, depending on your Internet speed. Once its got the index, you can then tell it to download and install all of your drivers.

Iv used this for 3-4years in my IT management business and on my home PC's. Never had any issues. Iv got the larger ~30GB version on a decent USB3 flash and on my NAS, this installed the drivers FLIPPING fast.