drivers issue ?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by logicwatch, Jul 11, 2018.

1. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi
    I am installing windows 7 premium to a Acer netbook ( with no inbuilt cd drive )
    I installed from usb stick
    My issue is after completion there are no drivers present showing in device manager for the usb ports
    no wifi driver and no ethernet driver.
    So I am stuck in a position whereby I cannot install them as I have no means to input an external usb cd drive
    as usb ports not working until drivers installed ?
    I cannot go on the internet to download drivers because of no drivers present for either wifi or ethernet
    with no on board cd drive either I am stuck on how to move on.
    Is there a means of putting some of the required drivers into my windows 7 usb stick easily?
    then reinstalling windows again and it will automatically allow these to work after the install completes ?
    If so could somebody kindly point me in the right direction here
    many thanks
    :)

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi thanks for the quick response
    is the install.wim a tool integrated already within the windows 7 usb ?

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Windows 7 does not have native USB 3/3.1 drivers.
    If your chipset/board has USB 3 or 3.1 then you'll need that tool Enth posted

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. machao_mengqi

machao_mengqi MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2017
    I have been got problem like you. If you install windows 7 usb 3.0 will not preload in original OS build. You must push usb to USB port 2.0 or change to use Windows 7 repack or windows 10.
    But I wonder why windows 7 don't ask you for driver missing while it is installing windows? Because It ask me driver for usb 3.0 port (if I push my usb to 3.0 port)

6. Oxygen_IT

Oxygen_IT MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2018
    Put the drive in another PC, download and copy 3DP_Net to the Acer's hard drive. Put the Acer drive back in the laptop, and using the keyboard / trackpad, navigate to the 3DP)Net file. Putting it on the desktop will will make things easier.

This will likely install LAN / WIFI drivers.

Once you're online, google Snappy Driver Installer. Get the 4MB version, run it and select "Download for this PC only" , then let it work. It'll take a bit of time, depending on your Internet speed. Once its got the index, you can then tell it to download and install all of your drivers.

Iv used this for 3-4years in my IT management business and on my home PC's. Never had any issues. Iv got the larger ~30GB version on a decent USB3 flash and on my NAS, this installed the drivers FLIPPING fast.