DSL Modem with gigabit port (NO WIRELESS)

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by freemyggle, Apr 2, 2013.

1. freemyggle

freemyggle MDL Junior Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I am racking my brains trying to find a A/DSL modem that has a single gigabit port. I've come across a few forum discussions where people asked the same question only to find that responders tell them they should get a 10/100 modem and a gigabit switch, or anything but answer the original question.

My scenario is that I have a few PS3's, cell phones, PCs and a printer connected to my Buffalo WZR-600DHP router and next week Verizon is coming to hook me up a DSL service line. I want to purchase a DSL modem that has preferably a single gigabit ethernet port and is NOT wireless. The reason I don't want wireless is to minimize the noise in the 2.4 GHZ band and since I will not use the wireless connection at the modem ever, I don't want to buy a modem that has wireless capability. As my router has been pre-installed with DD-WRT, I want to be able to control all network traffic that comes in from that new line with that interface.

If anyone has specific knowledge about this topic, please share.

TYIA
    Mike

2. dewot

dewot MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Seems to me you are looking for what is called a bridge. Go to Zoomtel.com, and look at adsl modems. They have a bridge (5715) that is what you are looking for I think.

Bridges can be hard to find, you can also use an ADSL modem (without wireless) that can be set in bridge mode. Some can, some can't. G'luck!

3. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Just disable the wireless on the dsl modem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...