Dual Boot XP with Win7 installed first.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by username1, Nov 15, 2010.

1. username1

username1 MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2008
    Just as the title says is it possible to get XP loaded on the boot menu cause earlier I tried to install Windows XP on the new partition I created from windows 7 but when I restart the computer , I get the "no operating system found" error while windows 7 is still on the first Partition but I got the error fixed, I just need to know to dual boot properly now.. thanks! :3

2. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    Normally first you had to install xp and then, on other partition 7. But if you instaled first 7 and then xp, you need to repair the boot file...For that you can use EasyBCD .

3. username1

username1 MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2008
    Well, I said I fixed the problem I just wanna have windows xp in the boot loader list along with windows 7.

4. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010

U can edit the booting list using easybcd dude....
    Try it....
    It's simple and interesting....

In stead of showing windows7 on the booting list my laptop says ''enter into deb's world''.....:biggrin:

5. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    surely you dont need any extra softwares ,just right click my computer ,select properties . then advanced system settings/ at the bottom section (startup and recovery) click settings, finally tick the box that says "time to display list of operating systems" and select a time ,I use 4 seconds ,but you may want to select a higher number. click ok ,Apply and your done ,when you reboot you will see the two operating systems (or more ) listed ,use the up/down arrows to select and enter .