Dual Booting XP/7 ...no sound or wireless on xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by yaoverstand, Mar 3, 2010.

1. yaoverstand

yaoverstand MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    #1 yaoverstand, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    I am using a Toshiba Satellite P105-6177 that was shipped with Vista and i just installed a dual boot with XP/Windows 7. I am unable to get sound or wifi on the xp partition. Is it a possibility that the 2 products having been shipped with Vista wont work with XP? I have tried the drivers on the toshiba website (for both Vista and 7...there are no xp) , and have had no luck. Curious if anyone else has had this problem or a similar one and could offer some help.

2. symondhelly

symondhelly MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    Hello yaoverstand
    I can try help but first have you tried uninstalling the sound drivers and then reinstalling them? do one thing first uninstall all the driver and then install it. I am Sure It will Work.

3. yaoverstand

yaoverstand MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    #3 yaoverstand, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
    (OP)
    Ill give it a shot and ill be back to report...

neither shows up in device manager as what they actually are...my INTEL wifi card shows up as 3941 or something (may even possibly be my ethernet) and under sound the my conextant speakers are not listed.

4. yaoverstand

yaoverstand MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    Bump

because i have still found no answer to my problem...anyone with knowledge on installing xp on a newer notebook/laptop would be greatly appreciated