Dual monitors

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by mangoh, Mar 25, 2012.

1. mangoh

mangoh MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2012
    I just bought a new computer from a computer shop. It is custom built and has the following:

Has 8GB RAM, 3.3ghz intel core i5-2500k, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, Intel HD graphics so upto 1.7GB max video memory, 1 VGA slot, 1 DVI-D dual link port

Looking at the VGA and DVI-D dual link ports.

How would I be able to get a dual monitor setup?

2. mangoh

mangoh MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2012
    Apparantly DVI-D to VGA adapters don't work. The review of the link you suggested also backs up this point

3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #4 redroad, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    What particular brand of adapter you buy is going to be up to you. If you have further questions on whether your particular graphics card is capable of dual monitors one can not say without more info, right?

Where do you read it does not work? :confused: :waycon1: :D

Your going to have to think outside the box on this. the port on your graphics card is VGA female so you will need a male adapter for that, Right? Then the DVI-D portion of the adapter is more then likely needed to be female. If you need me to explain the difference between male and female. I'm the wrong person to help you. the link I provided was for demonstration purposes of what products you might buy. I don't do shopping but for a fee.