during install, asking for drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BROKEBB&B, Mar 24, 2010.

1. BROKEBB&B

BROKEBB&B MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    hi i burned the file using magic iso.. changed the boot to dvd drive. during the install it says cant find drivers... is there something i missed or did wrong?

2. apollopimp

apollopimp MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    it would be useful to post system specs hardware your using and so on

3. BROKEBB&B

BROKEBB&B MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    hpdv6000 not sure on the rest...im doing it with the internet off... used imgburn and it still says the same thing

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #5 timesurfer, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    Yea at beginning of install MS asks you if you want to install drivers or updates select yes:)

If that doesn't work keep asking but always like apollopimp suggested give those you are asking for help with something as much info as possible like machine, current OS, etc...

5. BROKEBB&B

BROKEBB&B MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    soory im using vista home primium right now. and it doesnt ask me if i want to install drivers at the beginning. it starts off saying windows is loading files. then it tells me to sellect language, time and keyboard. so i do and click next.. then it shows windows 7 and it says install now. so i click next, then it says a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing. if you have a floppy disk,cd,dvd, or usb flash drive please insert it now.... note: if the windows installation media is in the cd/dvd drive, you can safely remove it for this step.. i click ok and it says no device drivers were found. make sure that the installlation media contains the correct drivers. and then click ok so im stuck

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Try to clean install from boot...Set your bios boot order to your media the restart then install:)

7. BROKEBB&B

BROKEBB&B MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    ive actually tried that a couple times, still says the same thing

8. BROKEBB&B

BROKEBB&B MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2010
    ya its the one off of isohunt. som people were reccomending using this site for help and i guess i can use that to clear the drive... any other sugestions?

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  10. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Yea I thought to mention it since I just discovered it but I was trippin..lol

I actually booted with it to see the menu and it seems real simple with its automatic, etc, options

I just assume I'd use the automatic right?

12. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I never do..I always choose the drive and method...

It is a very good resource and fairly safe if you pay attention..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    So basically formatting like before an OS would install isn't good enough sometimes. Is that true that some things are still left over. Partitions, etc...

14. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It depends dude. Some people say you should always format before reinstalling an OS just to clear the junk out and prevent potential issues. The one integrated into windows vista and windows 7 is ok but it is a quick format method as you probably know. It is best to do the full method even though it takes a long time because it runs check disk and other utilities also to the drive to fix potential bad sectors and the MBR and things like that. I have never used any disk formatting utilities other then Drive Scrubber by IOLO but I would bet that they all run those same essential tools and a basic M$ full format. Unfortunately they dropped the availability of it on the OS install disks when they made vista. The older ones(XP and 2000) both had the option just so you know.

15. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    If you are getting cd/dvd device drivers during the install.
    Try going into the BIOS and switching around the SATA settings of the drives (ie. Native on or off, AHCI, Compatible ...)