Dv-1147cl vista, 7 or bios problem?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dv4user, Dec 6, 2009.

1. dv4user

dv4user MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2009
    I have an hp dv4-1147cl with windows 7 64-bit. I just upgraded from vista and when I did that, HP made me upgrade hte BIOS and I wasn't thinking when I did it. Anyway, I have flashed like every possible BIOS to get it to recognize slot #2...both modules work, but the BIOS won't recognize slot #2. Also, in the BIOS it says my system board ID is 30F8, but when upgrading the BIOS with Insyde, it says my current version is 30F7 and upgrades it to the newest version of 30F7. No matter what BIOS version I download for my specific laptop from hp.com , there is nothing there for 30F8, it is all for 30F7. everything is working fine except that the slot #2 memory RAM slot isn't working. If the BIOS had Memory Remapping option or somethign like that, I wouldn't be asking about this...but is there any way to mod this BIOS? Why can't I find anything for 30F8? I recently did the recovery stuff back to vista 64-bit and still have the same problems. HELP! PLEASE!

2. el6

el6 MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2008
    How much memory do you have ? Were they the original memory that came with your notebook ? Have you try BIOS F.55A ?