DVD Boot Error....

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by miki2o, Mar 4, 2013.

1. miki2o

miki2o MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    Hi guys,
    I've a PC that supports Win 8.
    2Ghz,32bit,1GB RAM, DirectX9 Graphic card with WCDDM
    So, because the BIOS is OLD I've patched the ISO of Win 8 with boot sectors of Vista(otherwise it give me error boot 5).
    I did this with Win7 some time ago and it worked but I've done it and the dvd boots but...Win8 Logo appears and then Error 0x0000000005D(Idk if is the correct number of zeros xD)....And I MUST reboot.
    What can I do? Thanks guys :)

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    You will have a bad time in windows 8 using that system. I would recommend using windows 7 32-bit. It is MUCH faster on lower-end systems.
    If you cannot get win8 to install from boot, you might try installing a lesser operating system first and using the upgrade option by inserting the win8 dvd during setup.
    The reason I recommend against win8 for that system is that your hard drive and ram will kind-of choke on the amount of files that win8 reads from constantly.
    There's just an insane amount of little files that windows 8 uses and it causes lag even on fairly high-end systems. It's tolerable on better systems, but your system would likely be
    twice as slow as if you used win7.

3. miki2o

miki2o MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    Ok, I understood... Thanks mate :) But for that error what can be the solution? Just for asking...

4. whoareyouxda

whoareyouxda MDL Member

May 4, 2011
    Just do this:

Install Win7
    open dvd in Win7
    install from driveletter:/sources/setup.exe as normal :)

And i have Windows 8 installed on a PC with an old Pentuim Dual-Core and 1Gb of ram and it runs great :)

5. miki2o

miki2o MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    Thanks, I'll try this :)

6. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    I would recommend that you try reburning the ISO of the disc at lowest speed possible.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's a very good advice!

I stopped using DVD's already for some longer time and use bootable USB Drives instead after I was getting increased problems with burned DVD on newer DVD Burners. The LG BD Multi Drive I have burn's DVD's with min. x6 speed which is to fast for many software. Office 2013, not bootable, burned with that drive could not install completely, hang while doing and that on different places on different try's! Windows 8 OS burned will not boot at all! Using an 8 years old Pioneer DVD Burner with x6 speed, the outcome is the same! Using x2.4 speed, all is just fine!

Anyway, (bootable) USB Drives are even faster and could also be used on CD/DVD/BD less machines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...