DVD Burn Failed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Greybeard, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    I am running Win 7 Home Premium. When I tried to burn my picture files to DVD, 7 found and attempted to burn every freaking image file on my HD. I canceld the burn, but now everytime I boot 7 I get a message that "there are files waiting to be burned to DVD."

When I open the temp burn folder, the files are not there. I can click on delete files, and 7 shows an excess of 50k files to delete, but then it tells me I don't have permission to delete them.

I have not attempted to burn any other files, as I want to clear this message and the ghost files first.

What do I do?

Thanks.

2. berdinatilli

berdinatilli MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    try to take ownership first and then delete...

good luck
    berdi

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Greybeard

Greybeard MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    I've done that already. The files appear to be deleted, but I still get the message that I have files ready to burn to DVD when I boot up.

4. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Then it would be in your startup. No?

5. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Try to put a blank dvd into the drive, and then the box should appear asking you do you want to burn the files there or
    cancel. click on cancel, they should be gone then.

6. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    And next time!....Don't try to burn files on dvd or cd using the burn thing in Windows...Use a prog that was made for burning!! :D

7. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Yup. Still use DVDDecrypter for ISO. Simple and easy. Burns perfect everytime.

8. odinthegreatone

odinthegreatone MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2008
    There is a new version by the same author, it is imgburn.

9. wyrman

wyrman MDL Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Just a different interface. I use it to burn ISO and that's all.

10. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    :confused: Not just a different interface...also a regularly UPDATED interface!:)

11. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    if youre still getting that message,reboot your computer to get it again.click on the message(you have files waiting to be copied) before it disappears.then in the next window should see an option to clear or delete the temporary files.hope that helps.have a good one. files.