dvd rom wont read empty cd/dvd

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by david toska, Feb 27, 2010.

1. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hello, i need some help. I have an brand new dell Latitude E6400. But the dvd rom wont read empty cd/dvd`s..?? But if i innsett a cd/dvd wich is burned on before, or a software cd, or a dvd film it is all OK. If i innsett a blank cd/dvd and open nero 9.4 to burn i get the message "No target station avable" The sone are correct set. What can be wrong??

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Visit the Dell website and try updating firmware / drivers. Alternatively visit the dvd rom drive manufacturers website.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. riggsre

riggsre MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2010
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you want to put an EMPTY cd/dvd in a DVD-ROM since in a DVD-ROM you can't write to it.

4. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Problem solved. In fact, there was a dvd rom, not a dvd rw:) I thought a dell laptop deliverd from dell in august 2009 sure included dvd rw, but i was wrong, there was only dvd rom. I`m sorry for posting my mistake:(

5. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    :) Glad you figured it out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...