DVD-RW Writer mostly UNABLE to READ the PC Game DVD Disc on Win 7

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by FireGunz, Jul 30, 2010.

1. FireGunz

FireGunz MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2010
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone ever counter most of the time the DVD-RW Writer unable to Read the PC Game "DVD" (Data) on Windows 7? do you guys got any ideal about it? :(

I also even did cleaning the DVD Disc but DVD-RW Writer still unable to READ it.. I'm very sure is not a DVD Disc faulty... just not sure why it can't... any help for that... :worthy:

I had try out (DVD-RW Writer) that it able to play DVD movie and some able to read the DVD data (PC Game or other).... o_O

I also did upgrade the Firmware for the DVD-RW Writer too and the problem still didn't solve about the Reading PC Game DVD problem... :annoyed:

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Can you not try the game dvd in another machine see if it reads it that will rule out faulty game dvd.

3. FireGunz

FireGunz MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2010
    Hi Urie,

I did try that game DVD in other Machine (which is running XP) and it able to read the Game DVD and no problem...

I even try out using the same game DVD (e.g; AP) which had been installed in this machine (Which running Win7) same problem sometime able to read it and sometime not... o_O

4. randomboy

randomboy MDL Junior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    sign of a failing drive. I had a lg dvdRW which would write a dvd but then not read it. slowly but steady it lost all reading functionality. Dumped it but not before i had dumped some perfect dvds.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    As randomboy said, could be signs of drive failing have you tried renewing the ide or sata cable.

6. FireGunz

FireGunz MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2010
    Hi Randomboy & Urie,

Thank for tips... I will try it out and get back to you.... :biggrin:

7. FireGunz

FireGunz MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2010
    #7 FireGunz, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    (OP)

Hi Randomboy & Urie,

I had rewiring and also change the SATA cable and try out it seem the problem still the same.... ;)

:hmm: It seem I need to change the NEW Drive again and also plugged to other SATA Slot.... :doh: