Dynamic backlight when watching movies

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Stannieman, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I wonder if there exists any software or media player that can dynamically addjust the backlight of a notebook screen like dynamic contrast does for tvs.
    In windows' power settings there's a slider to adjust the birghtness and the app for keyboard shortcuts (asus ATK) can also adjust the brightness, so I guess any software can do it.

So does anyone know of a media player or plugin that watches the colors on the screen and changes the brightness accordingly?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. paulusii

paulusii MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2012
    I think the DivX player automatically darkens the screen when playing video. (not sure if thats what you mean?)

3. idsk

idsk MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    dont really see the link between the brightness of the image and the brightness of the screen
    maybe do you mean the screen backlight should be increased for a dark image and vice versa?

not sure if laptop screen inverters can manage such behaviour

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    No the other way around. Dark image -> brightness down, light image -> brightness up. There are tvs that do that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...