E-mail Virus Removal - How Can You Remove E-mail Virus From PC?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by jhonybush, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhonybush

jhonybush MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2010
    E-mail virus is one of the most popular computer viruses. It is a set of computer code attached in an e-mail. Once you download, open or even simply click on the attachment with virus, your system will be infected by the email virus very fast even before your antivirus program detect it.

Email virus spreads at a fast speed and conducts great damage to your PC, you should of course learn how to protect your computer from e-mail virus.

1. Prevent Email virus from entering your computer from the very beginning. As you know this virus comes with attachment in email, you should not casually download email attachment from strangers no matter how curious you are. Delete emails from strangers instead of keep them.

2. Always keep your Firewall turn on. 90% of this virus can be stopped by firewall which can filter out e-mail that may carry a virus attachment.

3. Equip your computer with a professional antivirus program. In fact, no antivirus program can stop all the viruses in email from infecting your computer once the virus is activated. Because e-mail virus can spread at an amazing speed while computer security programs needs some time to update its signature database. However, use your antivirus program to scan the attachment before you open it.

If your computer has already infected by an e-mail virus, a security program is the only helper you can get. Restart your computer in safe mode, update the antivirus program, run an online scan and then full scan.

2. dataman19

dataman19 MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2010
    I use the Anti Virus Group (AVG) Rescue Disk...
    It boots in ISO-Lynx and cleans the Trojan Launcher, Boot Launcher and the actual trojans and Viruses.
    Then I scan the computer (make sure you include the eMail saved Messages folder) to identify and eliminate the infecting eMail.
    Good luck..
    Dtataman19

3. smodtactical

smodtactical MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2010
    I think any standard AV can protect against this.