ECS G33T-M2 bios information needed

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Wantaknow, May 8, 2010.

1. Wantaknow

Wantaknow MDL Novice

May 8, 2010
    Hello all!, I'm new to this forum; but as I read I can tell that I need some information concerning a ecs G33T-M2 mobo! I have downloaded the bios updates for my mobo. With that said I have tried to burn them to a floppy as thus saith the instructions and the floppy does not contain enough room? So I made a system file floppy and then burnt the bios files to the other floppy disc. I had to remove the file called (not shouting-just showing how they are named) AFUWIN.EXE so it would have room for the other files.

I was able to get into the dos and read my files; but once I went to enter the files; it comes back as file G3M2901A is unreadable and then I tried burning another bios and got G3M2506A is corrupt! When flashing in dos; do I need all the files included in the update or just the (not shouting-just showing how they are named) AFUDOS.EXE and the G3M2506A.ROM files?

I cannot understand why the instructions say to burn these to a floppy that does not have enough room for them? I have also tried to use the (again I'm not shouting-just showing how it is named) AFUWIN.EXE in the windows vista 64 system and I get a driver error message!

I have to get this flashed so I can use an Intel e6500 dual core processor. Is there something I'm missing and if so; please help me to get this problem straightened out! Thank you for your help in advance!!!! Have a great week!

2. Wantaknow

Wantaknow MDL Novice

May 8, 2010
    I have got it straightened out! I found a program that helps to create a Fat32 boot partition onto a usb flash drive and then the ecs support helped me to get the right bios download to flash it with! Thanks anyway!!!