edge browser

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by biatche, Apr 1, 2017.

1. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    i've not used any ms browser over nearly 2 decades, but after meddling with it for 5 minutes earlier on 1703.. the features do seem more intuitive than (default) chrome/firefox which is what i've been using the whole time.

does anybody here prefer edge over the rest?

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I have no use for it. Maybe if the available extensions matched those of other browsers I favor I might be. But on that basis alone, Edge is a waste of my time.

3. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
    Not as bad as Internet Explorer was but not as good as Chrome.
    For example, can't mute sound in a tab by right clicking the tab like in Chrome, it shows a sound icon on a tab but you have to go to the tab and disable manually whatever is playing the sound :rolleyes:

4. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I’ve seen many threads on the subject and, as usual, opinions differ, while some people have even uninstalled it. I consider it a good browser, way superior to the IE. It’s then a matter of personal preference whether you use it as main or alternative browser.

5. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    i particularly like the idea of edge notes and saving tabs as groups. while ive not investigated if its possible to do such in chrome and firefox, i must say, the way edge does it seem pretty neat to me.

6. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I've try it but how come Microsoft can do a bad browser? Why doing thing so complicated?
    Just adding a favourite :confused:, now try to drag an open page to make a quick link on you desktop. o_O

Lievre

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Full inu

Full inu MDL Addicted

Jun 9, 2015
    Did Microsoft fixed synchronisation of bookmarks and logins/passwords?

Just to be sure - i don't login with MS account on my test 1703 laptop. And I know that in 1607 it works terrible. Sync was only partly or does not at all - no logins, no history, no bookmarks.

8. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    #8 Supern00b, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Prefer Edge? Hell no.
    Vivaldi is my main browser at the moment, it has become an awesome tool.
    I have Edge as a second "plain simple" browser, sometimes it's good to be able to do something without any extensions or plugins.
    Other than that it is of no use to me, and I'm not recommending it either as it is closed source.

Cheers.