Edit / Add DSDT table

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by tsalat, Jun 19, 2017.

1. tsalat

tsalat MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2017
    Hi,

iam trying to solve one problem with MXM support. My BIOS didnt have any MXM structure by default but one guy injected the MXM structure in it but the BIOS is refusing the MXM card due to missing information inside the DSDT table. The GPU is working, the screen is working but in the moment i install the drivers the screen will become distorted. Its not a driver issue but missing MXM structure inside the DSDT table. I dumped the DSDT table but i have no idea what i should add... can anyone help me with this? The GPU is a 9600m GT DDR3 / 512MB, the BIOS is AMI CORE8 (both files bellow). Any help would be appreciated.

xpsone.3d-sphere.com/Files/M-020006, with MXM structure 26.zip
    xpsone.3d-sphere.com/Files/dsdt-ATI-24.zip

Tomas

2. tsalat

tsalat MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2017
    Anyone any suggestion at least? It looks like the BIOS is still refusing the new GPU card for some reason and from this the fans are running full speed and afterwards i get problems with the monitor (no EDID). Iam completely lost here and i have no idea what to try. Iam even not sure if its really the DSDT table or not, the fans are starting at full speed while the BIOS check, so not after the power button is pressed, just some seconds later after the DELL logo appears and the bios beeps/check starts. I dont know where to start to dig in, try to change or similar and any suggestion or help will be appreciated. If any info is missing just let me know.

If there is anyone willing and able to solve this iam open to send him a nVidia FX770m (MXM II) as "thank you". I have no use for it anyway. Tomas

3. tsalat

tsalat MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2017

Attached Files:

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    im pretty sure this info is commonly found in hackintosh forums like insanelymac.com/forums

good job, its no easy task even with steps!

5. tsalat

tsalat MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2017
    #5 tsalat, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    (OP)
    Iam pretty sure that not because I wrote there and didn't get any help or info. The OSx patch / hacks are for fooling the OSx. Patches for GPUs will not work under windows if you apply them and so on...therefore no, I don't think you will find there information about this. I would be supprised if they would know what MXM is :D

I forgot to mention, the changes I saw for OSx are not following the ACPI specification, they will not work under windows.