edit/mod Intel OPSD BIOS??

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by RR7, May 29, 2007.

1. RR7

RR7 MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    is there an editor for intel (opsd) bios'?

or maybe a way to edit the ACPI table directly?

i've loaded my intel bios into thehex editor and there is no text strings to point me to where the ACPI tables are held at all :|

2. sjb

sjb MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2007
    I guess no one have any update on modding Intel Bios for 975XBX2

i have been looking around the forum but there is no thread mention of modding this Board.(Bios)

3. RR7

RR7 MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    every avenue i've taken has lead to a dead end.

i dont think anybody that could, really wants to bother to learn and decode the intel EFI bios, for the sake of adding ACPI tables for somebody else to err....use.

i looked on tianocore.org where it's all supposed to be documented. but even that and the patent intel have on it suggests *any* compression method can be used.

i did find some guy who had decompressed it, but he didnt seem willing to share any info, just told me to go and google for a couple of things....probably knowing full well a google for them comes up with nothing related.

i'd say we're screwed. :(

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

If you are watching your biosfile with hexeditor, you won´t find ACPI table "in clear text" cause it´s compressed and hence decrypted.Compression method is probably lha.

A good way I discussed with China4Ever is:

Somebody who has such bios has to dump it with Hwdirect. Do a memory dump from fff00000, size 100000 and upload.
    This is a full decompressed dump of any bios components. I will have a look at it. Maybe there will be a way to mod and reflash the dump with winphlash.
    I´m able to mod Award, AMI, Phoenix and Intel with Ami core. But no other intel, no Dell.
    I´m interested in mod the others and I would cooperate with someone if he wants to.

So let me know. I have often a look at chinese websites to collect informations and I often discuss with China4Ever about new methods. But I have not the time to mod lot of bioses.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RR7

RR7 MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    i have already dumped using hwdirect and sent the info to china4ever.

i am willing to do this again for you if you have other methods. china4ever has already said he cannot mod my intel bios even after dumping via HWDirect as the output is almost identical to the .BIO available on intels website.

the first step in my mind is to be able to decompress it. i already posted the (very little) info i received about the decompression in the bios modding thread which you replied as meaning nothing to you.

if you wish to discuss the via MSN send me a PM and i'll give you the address. however i cannot give you any dumps/files until later today as i am not at that pariciluat computer with the intel bios.

hope this helps!

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Its´not a matter of interest to mod those Intel bioses it´s a matter of knowledge.
    As China4Ever and Xbioses, my source for informations is vistafans.

Let me tell you some facts of the mod-history:

At February some chinese guys provided 2 methods to mod Award bioses (static and improved way) and a method for AMI with Slic already prepared in FC modules, which has only a few one of them.

The others have to wait a long time. Then Phoenix method and Award dynamic was provided. After that a breakthrough: AMI and Award super static, the isa modules and even some more mod-tools. Later on Intel with Ami core. The masters are some chinese guys, especially Zhaoliang and Gkend.

We have to see what they will do and try to reproduce. It´s a big handicap that they provide informations in chinese language and it´s hard to comprehend.

At the moment I try to understand problems in minit module of some Award bioses like Abit AB9 and Gigabyte 965 series. I also have a eye on the Intel progress.

There is the need to be patient.
    Please upload the Intel dump and I will check...but my skills are limited.

If you want you can check the progress on Vistafans, too.
    At this time i don´t know how to mod those Intel bioses.
    Everyone who want to participate is welcome.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. RR7

RR7 MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    i'm patient :)

obviously i'd hope that it does happen and i'd be pleasently suprised, but if it doesnt then it doesnt.

i cannot check the progrss on vistafans as i cannot understand chinese, but if you're saying that someone has already started working an interest in modding the intel EFI bios then that's great, espeicially since it's probably a lot of work (there have been award bios editors for some time now, but never an intel one, or a dell one for that matter.) for very little audience, myself included.

i'll upload the dump on this thread when i get home, but do bear in mind china4ever has already stated that it's the same compressed form as the downloadable .bio file from intels website. if you want it before i have uploaded it then do a search on my username in the bios modding thread and it's there :)

if i can help anyone on vistafans.com by providing dumps or anything then please get in touch with me.

8. RR7

RR7 MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    tried to post the file, but i cant as there is a ridiculously small upload limit on here.

PM your email address and i'll send it over

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Just asked Zhaoliang about.....let´s await his reply.

Yen

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hi,

I´ve got bad news from him:

"I have no idea about INTEL 965 BIOS ! "

Yen

12. RR7

RR7 MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    any developments on this?, or is it just a case of giving up as it's not really worth it?

i dont seem to have any good resources to refer to on the ami desktop core 8.

13. RR7

RR7 MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    dont suppose anyone has worked this out have they?

i tried vistaloader, doesnt work. had to fix from the cd.
    tried vista bootmgr, didnt do anything, no slic table shown.
    paradox is known to be useless these days, so i havent tried it.
    and timerstop doesnt work once you install the new performance and reliability updates.

so what, is the ami desktop core bios in the intel board crack proof from every angle?

14. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Intel DG965 works with vista loader

Vista loader works fine on my Vista Install (x86), with intel DG965WH board. SP1 doesn't work with any hacks I've seen.

15. RR7

RR7 MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    bizarre timing, i just got vistaloader 2.1.2 working on the board just late last night!

one thing i was thinking, is that SLP 2.0 doesnt require any DMI info that SLP1 (XP) needed, perhaps vista XP1 is checking the system manaufactrer field for matching entries?

i may try the SP1 out on another hard disk and see what transpires.