Edit Windows 10 Bios OEM Key Please Help me

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by fraizer, Mar 18, 2016.

1. fraizer

fraizer MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2010
    Hello all

i need your help please to Edit in the Bios my windows 10 key.

i bought a Laptop Lenovo ideapad 100-15IBD 80QQ, withe Windows 10 Home and erease everything to install my geniume Windows 7 Ultimate to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro = all ok Windows 10 Pro is activated.

But i want a 100% clean installation of Windows 10 Pro (without any files of windows 7 ultimate. Then i erease the Hardrive. put in UEFI my bios and launch the installation withe the Windows 10 Professional DVD everythings is ok and its activate but i saw its back to Windows 10 Home..................... so many hours for this.....

then i make upgrade the Windows 10 Home to the pro and its activated but i dont like this this is for me not clean new installation and take long tim to update Home to pro...

then i understood the Home key is inside the Bios of my laptop and i will need i think to Edit this key to put my working Windows 10 Professional key.

1- how i can edit

2- if its Totaly not possible can i do something to put like old windows my key Professional key when i start the installation withe my windows 10 Pro dvd ?

so many hours gones..... :'(

my laptop information:

support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/100-series/100-15ibd/80qq?linkTrack=GPS:Body_Search%20Products&beta=false

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #2 endbase, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Addicted

Nov 26, 2012
    Of course, you can not use the same activation key. And you can not upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro without a new key. It's that simple.
    You have the option to install Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate and upgrade & activate it, and then you will automatically get a new key. Hereinafter You must use it, not this old key.
    Ah, how? It's been here for more than half of the year under discussion. Simply read.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #4 Enthousiast, Mar 18, 2016
    It's been handled manymanymanymany times on the board.

You now have a HWID for 10 Pro by upgrading from 7 ulti to 10 pro.

Now you only have to modify the installmedium by puting an ei.cfg for pro only (or one which gives you the choice between them) into the sources folder and do a clean install, you can find one of the methods overhere: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...-pro-upgrade?p=1214044&viewfull=1#post1214044

5. fraizer

fraizer MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2010
    hello all and thank for your answers

guys probably and for sure my english is not good to explain well or i dont understand the answers

i have actualy : official Windows 10 (Multiple Editions), Version 1511 (Updated Feb 2016) (x64) - DVD (French) from MSDN SHA1 :54BE9DE61CBFF015272112917BCD7C8B0E43A78B

this is a version i can use the version home pro etc ?

i am not sure because it was late and tired but when i make a clean install withe this dvd and not yet connected to internet i fault i saw windows 10 pro (or probably home...) non activated and when i was online its activated alone and i saw windows 10 home i check my key and its took my bios oem key who is an home version.

after i update windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro i make this steps i found here:

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/64770-How-to-upgrade-from-W7-8-1-without-going-through-the-complete-upgrade-process

then to back to when i discover its a windows 10 Home i choose to change the key (the window where we see activated) i put my windows 10 pro key and its take long time to upgrade to windows 10 Pro and its activated.

i want actulay a solution to put just my windows 10 multi dvd and install directly the version Pro and be activated oficialy. because i saw withe the soft product key an oem key for home version in my bios i fault its a solution to change this key and put my windows 10 pro key who work.

i am sorry if its what you understood but i fault its important to knwo clearly what i did and what i wish

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Please read this. And follow the link in that reply.

7. fraizer

fraizer MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2010
    #7 fraizer, Mar 18, 2016
    (OP)
    Enthousiast

where and how i put this cod please ?

[Channel]
    _DEFAULT

[VL]

or i have to put only this ??? :

[Channel]
    Retail

i have to edit a file on the windows 10 multi and after this burn the dvd and run install ? this will give me in the first steps on windows 10 the choice between all windows 10 version ?

thank you

EDIT:

i have to put this lines:
    ------
    [Channel]
    _DEFAULT

[VL]
    ------

inside a EI.CFG file and put it inside my windows 10 multi from MSDN ISO in this area : *:\sources ?