Editing K7VT6 ami bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by torobull, Jan 25, 2012.

1. torobull

torobull MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2012
    My purpose is to get my Asrock K7VT6 bios to recognise my new sata2 HDD.
    I have read several pages where are told this procedure to move some parts of bios from an another bios.

MMTOOL does not work with my bios. I haven't found any other software to this job. Would someone please help me to find a proper program or perhaps to edit my bios? I have never done anything with any bios :)

My mobo is Asrock K7VT6 and newest bios (ami) is k7vt6_160, with a controller via 8237 which could not recognise sata300.

Unfortunately I could not post any links because this is my first message here. To get me more clear what I ment I put here following quote from discuss from Icequake.net:

"I read some stuff on the Internet and I think that I have to use the MMTOOL v3.22 to replace the PCI Option ROM (DeviceID 3149) of the official 1.80 BIOS with a newer ROM, extracted from another BIOS. Personally, I used the VIA VT8237 option ROM from the GigaByte GA-VM800PMC, version 4.97 (237R497.rom)."

I would much appreciate from any help to get this procedure going forward. I have spend hours already reading several pages about bios editing, nothing progress still ... :)