<<<EFI/Insyde Bios of Asus Eee PC 1215B>>>

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by delixis, Jun 7, 2011.

1. delixis

delixis MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2008
    I have just brick my netbook: The ASUS Eee Pc 1215B.
    Have anyone here succeed in modify its bios with SLIC 2.1?

If so, please let me know.

Thanks for any answer, :worthy:

2. delixis

delixis MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2008
    #3 delixis, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
    (OP)
    Tried that and did not work.
    I have already RMA it. Only one thing left to answer, is how can we properly make this modification to work.
    I don't like to use loader. But with this model, I think I have no other choices.

Thank anyway,

PS. There is also a model with Win 7 Home Premium Preinstall. Hence, there must be a bios with SLIC2.1.
    The search is on.

3. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    The next step is tracking down someone who owns that machine and comparing the BIOS. It doesn't make much sense, though... what if someone with a Windows 7 model were to upgrade their BIOS? There has to be some other key to unlocking SLIC 2.1 in your BIOS.

4. delixis

delixis MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2008
    Anyone who have this NB with Windows 7 preinstall, please let us see bios image, please!! :worthy:

5. nohajc

nohajc MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2011
    You know, you can get the bios image easily at support.asus.com in the download section. ;)

6. Sedan

Sedan MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Try this one, and tell me if it works for you.

w w w.mediafire.com/file/bdbyq66qb6q2609/1215B-ASUS-0401_slic_2.1.rar

7. dkrisna

dkrisna MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    anyone can confirm the one posted above works ? planning to flash into mine tomorrow

8. nugat

nugat MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2011
    Hi,

did your PC boot again? Is the SLIC working?

Best,
    Nugat

9. nugat

nugat MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2011
    I installed 0401 from ASUS support, but there is no slic table found.

I didn't find any successfull mod of the 1215B - apparently the reason is that the new MMTOOL to mod it are not out yet; that's however old news. I'm not well informed, if this changed. Many people tried modding it with Phoenix Tool, which seems to go well at first, but then sometimes results in a brick. Afaik there is no known working mod for this notebook. Please prove me wrong.

10. troels

troels MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    qtm, are you also saying that the bios of 1215B is machine-specific? A bios - like mine - with a SLIC 2.1 is no help?

11. qtm

qtm MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2009
    #15 qtm, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
    sorry my bad eng
    this model is not preinstalled windows machine for all country,
    example : for China it's dos machine,our country Malaysia and your country is preinstalled windows machine ,
    asus officials download bios don't have slic,so for dos machine need to mod ,but using phoenixtool mod by ssv2 will brick.

12. troels

troels MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Your English is fine. However, my question was not clear: I meant, can you use my Slic 2.1 BIOS in another machine?

13. qtm

qtm MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2009
    #17 qtm, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    no,all machine bios have different sn,uuid ,mac addr,etc...(officials bios will never flash to this module)if use to another machine maybe it will lost manufacturer warranty and if u have two same mac addr at same network,u will have big trouble

14. nugat

nugat MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2011
    Just to see that I understood everything right:
    1) Adding the tables with PhoenixMod bricks the stock bios from the asus page.
    2) It is impossible to flash a backup bios with slic from another machine.
    3) Modding a backup bios and reflashing it, bricks too.

Sole question remaining: Is there a non-backup download option for a slic bios from another asus website?

Best,
    Nugat

15. troels

troels MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    No, qtm is saying that he can mod your bios on a permanent basis, like mine must have been modded by the OEM factory.

16. nugat

nugat MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2011
    Thanks, troels.
    First of all: I'm sorry for pushing this thread again and again, but I think it is important that the way how to mod this laptop is known, as upcoming laptops will feature the same hurdles.

So to clear things up, here are the facts I understood:
    1) Every eeePC 1215B needs a specific mod. First the BIOS has to be extracted with the mentioned BIOS backup tool.
    2) SLIC tables modded into the BIOS this way are somehow permanent, meaning that if then the next BIOS of ASUS is flashed, SLIC remains.
    3) Modding another BIOS and flashing it to your PC may brick.

As this is different from the usual procedure (one BIOS for all), it's important to know the procedure to mod the BIOS. Otherwise everybody will make a request themselves. I know of two people already, who still want one modded; the thread for mod requests already contains four requests for this laptop.
    So, how are the mods of the backup bioses done? Phoenixtool?

Thanks,
    Nugat