ei.cfg removal utility error HELP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jeedee4, Nov 24, 2009.

1. jeedee4

jeedee4 MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2009
    I been trying to do this from a iso image that I made using magic iso of a 32bit of Home prem DVD
    "To be able to select the edition you want during the installation, you just need to delete the file "ei.cfg" that is in the "sources" folder. Use this Removal Utility (direct download) to remove the file from the ISO you downloaded, it takes only 2 seconds!""

However I always get an errors saying either " input error " or "ei.cfg not found

When I look at the iso I do see the ei.cfg file the only difference is that is on capital letter EI.cfg

Does this utility only on the original ms iso file

The reason I want to do this one is because this disc has build in already 4 lenguages on it that lets me choose the one I one to install

Thanks

2. MisterBlack

MisterBlack MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
    Hello,

best the way of removing ei.cfg your ISO is encor to use POWERISO

The other tools have sometimes failures

3. moosh101

moosh101 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    UltraISO is good too!

I used UltraISO to delete the ei.cfg file, saved the ammended ISO and burnt it to DVD. Worked well for me, that is, I downloaded the Windows 7 Professional ISO and installed Windows 7 Ultimate from the same DVD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. oldude

oldude MDL Member

Dec 30, 2007
    No you will need a Ultimate key

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jeedee4

jeedee4 MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Will try power iso