eicfg removal utility problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by phantom2k, Dec 3, 2009.

1. phantom2k

phantom2k MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    Used eicfg removal utility on a Win7 Ultimate x64 MSDN version.
    When installing gave me options to install various versions however all versions except Ultimate will not accept my AHCI Driver..!

Installing Ultimate is fine, all other version wont install the ACHI driver and I get the error 0x80300001 which I understand is a driver problem.

I thought that the eicfg utility only removed the version tag etc.

Anyone got any ideas

Thanks in advance

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Do you actually load the driver yourself?

What driver is it?

On my Asus board I can NOT ever start the boot process with AHCI enabled, even it installs fine with no problems.
    It works with RAID selected (but not setup, as it a single drive)

You could try this instead

sebus

3. phantom2k

phantom2k MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    On my ASUS P5Q Pro ACHI is enabled in Bios and loaded the ACHI driver fine from floppy. Win7 goes through setup and when I get to the option to install a driver I load the driver from floppy. ALL of my other hard drives are disconnected as I intend to boot dual setup via hard drive boot option.

The driver will also load when attempting to install Pro but win7 will always give me a driver error using the same driver from floppy although I have no problems installing Ultimate completely without any errors that's why I was wondering about the eicfg removal utility. Just seems strange that the original image was Windows 7 Ultimate and the driver is only accepted with installing Ultimate.!

Forgot to mention the driver is from ASUS website and is the ACHI driver for Intel ICH10R

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I had a couple of older drives which did not work with the Intel ICH10R if I tried to enable AHCI - doesn't sound like your problem though. Simply enabling the other install options doesn't seem like it would disable driver support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. B4tooB

B4tooB MDL Addicted

Sep 28, 2009
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci -->Right side, set "Start" Value to "0".

Reboot, Driver will be loaded.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. phantom2k

phantom2k MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    Thanks for the input B4tooB but the problem is when I am trying to install windows 7 fresh install. I just don't understand how I can install fresh Windows 7 Ultimate using ACHI Driver but cannot install fresh Windows Pro 7 from the same disc when using the same ACHI Driver..!

I understand that once eicfg utility is used any version of Windows can be installed from the disc so I fail to see why i'm able to install one version but not another one using the same setup and ACHI Driver.

Rosco I did not think that enabling other installs would cause driver problem with one version and not another so i'm completely stumped. Perhaps there is some other difference between Ultimate and Pro other than languages and bitlocker.!

Perhaps I should try a standard Pro version and see...