Elitebook 2540p OOA error on start

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by MikeG, Oct 6, 2015.

1. MikeG

MikeG MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2015
    Hello all,

Kind of a newbie here, but had an interruption while updating the BIOS on my Elitebook 2540p and am now getting the infamous white screen with the OOA error.

I've tried NBDMIFIT to set the S/N and all that, but can't find the PCID for the system and even when placing a space for the PCID, the system errors out. WNDMIFIT doesn't work and if I select D to display from the NBDMIFIT utility, the UUID is all 0x000000000000000000000000000 and the Current Model Name is garbage characters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    check ram.. recover bios . find someone with similar PCID

3. MikeG

MikeG MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2015
    Thanks Andrew, but I get an access denied error when I go to that link.

4. MikeG

MikeG MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2015
    Thanks LatinMcG. Checked RAM, everything is good. BIOS recovery isn't possible, since the new BIOS is F.50 and downgrade isn't possible with this particular version. Any other ideas?

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    with the new exe it lets you make recovery USB F.50 find the sp#### folder in c:\swsetup
    will still need nbdmi and proper pcid if its win 8.1 to enable the built in key of bios.

6. andrew-s

andrew-s MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    #7 andrew-s, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    Yes, weird, I get the same when I try to revisit that page.

Edit:

Link working, sporadically. Try again after closing the access denied page.

7. MikeG

MikeG MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2015
    Hi Andrew, got to the link. The problem with the 2540p is that the only app that works on this BIOS is the HPSETxxx and since the BIOS is so new, I think that the addressing has changed. No matter how many times I try to change the info, it doesn't save. Either the addressing is different or there's a setting in the BIOS that's preventing the write. Any ideas?

8. MikeG

MikeG MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2015
    Okay, not sure what you mean by your post LatinMcG. Which exe? The HPSETxxx or something else? Also, can't seem to find the PCID. Is it under the primary RAM stick under the keyboard? There's nothing under the battery.

Let me know please. Thanks!

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #10 LatinMcG, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    make a real dos not freedos usb in RUFUS and put all nbdmi suite in it.. i had issues with freedos and nbdmifit same as u... then boot it and type nbdmifit

10. MikeG

MikeG MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2015
    Yeah, did all that. Still the same issues. Used Rufus from day 1 and as I said, the only app that runs is HPSETxxx (part of the NBDMIFIT bat file) and when I select display, I get garbage characters for the system information. I try to set the information, and it seems to work, but if I try to read it again, nothing. Also the branding batch files fail. I'm sure it has something to do with the F.50 BIOS as I've used the NBDMIFIT on another 2540p without any issues but it was running an older BIOS revision.