Elitebook 2740p does not recognize password

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by michaeltkellyaia, Apr 23, 2016.

1. michaeltkellyaia

michaeltkellyaia MDL Novice

Apr 23, 2016
    I have had the same password for some time. About a week ago on boot up I started having to hit F-1 to go to the HP Macafee login page. Got there and it doesn't recognize the password. Got it to recognize the finger print after about 30 tries. It went to the Windows login page and I had the same problem all over again. I have spent the day on various HP "support" pages trying to find the closest service center to Raleigh, NC, or an authorized support company in the general Raleigh area - 100 mile radius. To this point - no help. What do I do to get my computer operating again? Thanks for the help, Mike.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Don't expect anything from HP Services! HP has a very bad service in Thailand, decide of SONY and Toshiba!!

You maybe could use some Password removal tool/apps for to remove the Windows Passwords! And if possible, remove the whole Macafee apps!

It's also possible that your HDD has 'soft' errors. Here some apps like HDD Regenerator and Drevitalize could help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bpwnes

bpwnes MDL Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Is it the HP Embedded Security boot/bios password thing?