EMachine SLIC 2.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by byghtn3, Oct 29, 2009.

1. byghtn3

byghtn3 MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #1 byghtn3, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Hello,

Is there an EMachine SLIC 2.1 yet? How about an EMachine cert? W7Ultimate EMachine LOGO?

The reason I am asking is that I have an ASRock MB in my original EMachine case. The BIOS is currently modded with EMachine SLIC 2.0 for Vista. I want it to remain an EMachine when finally Upgraded to W7 so if there are any questions it will look 'JUST RIGHT'.

So are there any files yet to help me out??

Thanks,
    Byghtn

2. byghtn3

Jun 10, 2009
    I guess by the deafening silence there are no EMachine pieces parts??

Thanks

3. Signmeup

Signmeup MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    I've been looking for the same thing. There is no joy to be found. My best advise is to do what I have done--use Daz's loader and forget about it. It works, even with a dualboot with Vista.

4. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    You're a bit misguided if you think that the SLIC/cert combination is going to make any difference. Just go with one of the more common certs from HP, Dell, Asus, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. byghtn3

Jun 10, 2009
    If I do select a Dell or HP SLIC/Cert combination, will the system properties say Dell or HP? Can it still say EMachine? This is my main concern---HOW it will look to someone looking over my shoulder. If it can still say EMachine, where are any EMachine files, images, or screen savers?

Thanks
    Byghtn

6. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #6 Brainsuck, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    use acer 2.1 acer 2.1 cert and slp key Acer Gateway Pack bell and Emachine are the same link to the bios would be good

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. totalfixation

totalfixation MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2010
    Can anyone help me with getting a slic 2.1 bio for the W3611?

if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

8. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    you can easily make your own if you don't want to wait ;)
    look in the MDL projects section and spend a few minutes to read what you need to do... it's not so bad :)

9. Computer Fixer

Computer Fixer MDL Member

Jan 5, 2010
    +1
    Just worked on a Vista Emachine desktop yesterday- startup splash screen said "Gateway" in large letters.