emachines

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kennyboy, Mar 28, 2013.

1. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    i hope some1 can help me my son as a emachine laotop. i dont know what he as done to it but it will not boot. on the screen it as got this

check cable connection?
    pxe-mof: exiting intel pxe rom.
    no bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key

i do have it backed up on a external drive ive got external hdd pluged in via usb but it keeps coming up with same information. how do i get the image and all his file to load back on emachine. it does not have a writer and i dont have external writer as i said i backed it up and image on external drive so how do i do it please thanks.

it does have windows 7 on it.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You say you have a backup what type ? did you use paragon as I advised in when you posted here if so paragon can

3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Sounds like he may have changed the boot order and it's attempting to boot from a non bootable drive. External HDD or optical read only drive.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    or hard disk is bad.
    or bios is trying to boot usb device.

5. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    hello and thanks for your reply ive gone into set up f2 and where its hdd it gives me this

hdd model name none
    hdd serial number ( thats blank )
    so could it be harddrive problem thanks.

6. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    thanks for your advice but when i looked at paragon it wanted a licenece key and i was not sure how it worked thanks.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    All you had to do was click on registration button and then fill in some info on there website and serial would have been emailed to you.

8. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    @urie thanks for your instruction im going to do that now iev downloaded it so i will install as adviced from your last post thanks. so could it be the hard drive that is gone wrong if are thay easy to fit.and is it a 2.5 sata hard drive thanks.

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Hard drive should be easily fitted, I would search the net first for you laptop model to see if there is user manual. Or search how to change hard drive using your model number.

10. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    thanks again for your advice i will do that. my mate as a spare sata hd but it as xp on it so if it works would i have to format it or just reinstall the image that i backed up.and the files thanks.

11. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    thanks urie for your help ive managed to regester to the paragon software and downloaded the manual.is there a setting on the emachine to get it to boot from the harddrive.if not can i use paragon back up to reboot it or reinstall.plus does paragon have to be installed on the pc that im backing up or can i use it from my laptop.like i said i do have external harddrive and everything is on that.only asking these things because i have never done any of this sort of thing.if the paragon software as to be installed on pc that im back up do i use same regestration details thay sent me.dont want to take it apart if its just something simple to set first. thanks in advance

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You download windows 7 from Windows-7-w-o-SP1-and-SP1-Media-Refresh-Direct-Download-Links make sure you download a SP1-Media-Refresh version those are the latest another point you can forget using Windows-7-DVD-(Multi-Brand-Multi-Edition)-Activation it seems your machine came with XP so you will probably need to activate using Daz loader. You do not need to burn the iso you make a bootable usb pen drive with rufus and it loads the ISO file.

14. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    @urie i have downloaded 2 iso x7-58996 and x7-58997 which 1 do i use? i have also got daz loader _v2.2.1 i ve read some of the thread how to aply loader.plus what size usb stick do i need and when useing rufus what setting do i put it on mdos/freedos/iso image. so all i do is unpack the iso load it into rufus a creat is that right thanks.

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  16. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    @urie thanks again ive have managed to put this x86, X17-58996 i,e, en_windows_7_home_premium_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_67670 1.iso. on a 8g usb but when try to load its got the following

the selected partation requires at least 5884 mb free space
    windows cannot be installed to this disk.this computers hardware may not support booting to this disk.ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computers bios menu.
    ive pressed f2 and gone into main and boot. in main i can change sata moode to ide mode or ahci.
    ive tryed these settings in the boot section
    1 ideo
    2 ide1
    4 network boot atheros boot agent

no matter how i try i keep get the same result.
    disk 0 unallocated space total size 0.0mb free space 0.0mb .now if you go back to eralier post this did have windows 7 on it so could the harddrive be no good? i have 1 coming tomorrow bot that as xp on so if it is the hd do i just format the 1 with xp on it and use this version of windows and have i got all the settings right thanks in advance.

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Let me know what happens once you have replaced the hard drive.

18. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  19. kennyboy

kennyboy MDL Member

Dec 4, 2011
    ive just replaced the hard drive and it shows the name and serial number.and xp as loaded on the emachine so now im going to try and put windows 7 back on it thanks.