EN25T80 Software for CH341A based programmer?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by goldfinger, Aug 9, 2013.

1. goldfinger

goldfinger MDL Junior Member

Dec 29, 2010
    I bought an SPI programmer to restore two bricked motherboards I have here. It didn't come with any software where and I'm not sure where to get it. I sent the seller a message but there was no reply. The programmer I bought is like this one:

www . ebay . com/itm/EN25T80-Programmer-USB-Series-SPI-FLASH-BIOS-24CXX25XX-STC-AVR-Support-TO-TTL-/321180727988

I found LatinMG's link to some programming software called SPI Tiny Tool, but it did not recognize the programmer at all. I had to edit the setup ini file for VID 1x86 and PID 5512 to install the libusb driver into a XP machine. This programmer uses a CH341a chip. I don't know if it is compatible with the Amtel programmers. Windows 8 automatically installs a USB-EPP driver for this chip. But Tiny SPI does not work at all.

Has anyone gotten this programmer to work?

2. goldfinger

Dec 29, 2010
    I think I just found the software myself. I'll give it a try post the results on here if it helps anyone.

www .biosdiy .cn/wzcp/CH341AEnglish.rar

3. goldfinger

Dec 29, 2010
    The SPI software for this programmer is really nice and simple. It does have a few little bugs here and there, but it works. I used Windows 8 and it installed the drivers automatically. The programmer software enables read/write functions when you plug it into the USB port.

I was able to revive an ECS H67 itx board using In-Circuit Programming and a clip. I tried to use the clip with a test MSI board, but that did not work. I had to make a plug and wire the SPI header to the programmer. It then recognized the Winbond chip and programmed it.

It's important to erase the chip and verify that it is completely erased(check blank function.) Otherwise it will say that the programmed BIOS does not match the file.

Tomorrow I will post a wiring diagram for the MSI SPI header and this programmer. I hope this helps people who bought this programmer and are stuck.

4. draken

draken MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Thanks for sharing.

A really cheap programmer which does in-circuit programming, will surely buy one.

5. goldfinger

Dec 29, 2010
    #5 goldfinger, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    I spoke too soon on reviving that ECS board. I don't have a BIN file to do it properly. But I revived two MSI boards. They are easy as MSI provides straight BIN files.

Here are two quick-and-dirty diagrams for connecting the programmer to an MSI JSPI1 header. You could also use the header on the programmer, but I didn't have a header connector and I didn't feel like soldering more than I had to.

Code:
    Lower half of the programmer's ZIF socket:

5        4
    6        3
    7        2
    8        1
             Lever

Code:
    Pin connections.  NC== No Connection

JSPI     Programmer
    1         8
    2         NC
    3         2
    4         5
    5         1
    6         6
    7         NC
    8         4

6. Plopyo

Plopyo MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2013
    Is your programmer similar to this one: www .ebay .com/itm/24-25-series-EEPROM-Flash-BIOS-USB-Programmer-CH341A-with-Software-driver-/231018164979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c9c172f3 ?

I want to buy it to fix a laptop but it says working voltage of 5V and my eeprom bios chip is 2.7-3.6V compatible.

Do you know if the connection to the eeprom is at 3V or 5V?

7. Plopyo

Plopyo MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2013
    Thanks for your reply.

I checked it but don't see any MCU chip on it. Was one integrated with it?
    Also, is it working well? Could you give me a screenshot of the software which comes with it?

Thanks

8. dancer_69

dancer_69 MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2012
    I get a usb to spi converter:
    www .ebay.com/itm/ALL-IN-1-USB-to-SPI-I2C-IIC-UART-TTL-ISP-serial-Adapter-/300774349778
    which recognized as CH341a from windows, and I have the same problem. There is no software to use. I tried flashrom which doesn't recognized and also I found a version of USB_SPI_Tinitool which has only the executable and a usblib file but the device doesn't recognized.
    The link from post#2 doesn't exist anymore.
    So can you provide a link and also help on how to make it work?
    Thanks.