enable windows update after Windows 7 Toolkit 1.8

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by doggod, Aug 8, 2009.

1. doggod

doggod MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    I want to reset the machine to use windows update,
    however while i used the option in Windows 7 Toolkit 1.8 to turn it off to activate the op i cant find a way to turn updates back on
    keep getting error.
    "some settings are managed by your system administrator"
    Tried to find if its a setting in group policy editor but not sure what they changed to disable it.
    Any and all help much appreciated

prefer not to have to do a clean install if possible

2. crisigor

crisigor MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    The best option is to run Command Prompt as administrator then type SFC /SCANNOW as this will revert all system files to their default state.

3. bardoczx

bardoczx MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    I have the same problem, I wrote SFC /SCANNOW in the Command Prompt as administrator, but donĀ“t work

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Don't use this toolkit - use another loader. Orbit30's other stuff resulted in modifications to system files causing a "Frankenbuild" system.

My advice - save your data if necessary and clean install. Then use Daz's loader - it is popular and well supported and you can often get Daz to help you out if needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Toolkit 1.8 is not the proper way of getting genuine Windows. Get rid of the "frankebuild"-method and use RemoveWAT, Chew7, Daz Loader or oem-drv.

6. dark_ninja

dark_ninja MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2008
    #6 dark_ninja, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    after disabling the windows updates option using windows 7 toolkit 1.8 it does not have a re-enable option it is a really s**tty program but with every problem their is alyways a solution!

SYMPTON:
    when you click on windows updates it will say:
    Windows Update does not work, an error message indicates that it has been disabled by the System Administrator.

2 SOLUTION:

OPTION 1:

*QUICK EASY METHOD*:

Go to Control Panel->System and Security->Action Center and tun on windows update and you are done!

========================
    OPTION 2

*FOR ADVANCE USERS*

All you got to do change the registry setting manually. To this click on (Start Menu->Run, then type regedit)

go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoWindowsUpdate

Windows Update will be disabled if this DWORD value is set to 1. Set it to 0 will enable Windows Update.

problem solved ! =D