Enabling Aero without supported graphic card in Windows 7.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Happpy, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hello, All!

I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate in my PC. Unfortunately I've not suitable graphic card for enabling aero function in Windows 7.

I'm searching for any alternate methods to enable Aero since last 4 months and I'm tired of searching this. o_O , I also did many many methods from different sites but all went in vain. For example I used the tutorial that have given in this site mydigitallife.net (changing registry wdm and so on...). Another tutorial which makes Windows Experience Index to 7.9 and then aero can ON but it also didn't work.

Now I'll say that Microsoft has done very bad because not everyone can buy new expansive graphic card so I think the programmers should create an alternate way to enjoy aero.

I hope for the good answer.

Regards,

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Of your graca isn't powerfull enough it will be slow so there's no reason to want it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Your graphics card NEEDS to have a WDDM driver and cannot provide Aero on an XPDM driver. As an example Intel i945 is the lowest end intel card supporting WDDM thus Aero. i915 is very similar however is missing certain key requirements for WDDM, thus it will never have Aero support. No WDDM = no Aero, that simple.

As well you MUST have Home Premium or newer.

Bargin bin integrated graphics cards from the past 4 years support Aero. A low end graphics card on the new or used market capable of providing Aero costs far, far less than a copy of Windows 7.

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I would have thought if Windows offered a video driver update you would get Aero - if it didn't the card chip probably wouldn't support it.

WinFLP is right - even cheap new cards are so much more powerful than a few years ago it is worth the money if you want all the bells and whistles of 7.

Lucky you're not running Vista - it sounds like your system would crawl.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. simarpreet007

simarpreet007 MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2009
    i have a WDDM gpu, but still it runs crap.

dont even bother to run without WDDM, your pc would be pretty phucked up then ! :)

6. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Thanks from all for their Advice. I think I must have to buy a new Graphic Card to enable aero.

OK please tell me the cheapest Graphic Card (For AGP Slot) that can enable aero. I've see many cards but are expansive. So if anyone have a good cheapest card experience then I request him to tell me.

Thanks.

7. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    There are lots of cheap AGP cards on sale by now, but it must have the minimum requirements to run aero.
    DirectX 9 compatible graphics processor with a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver
    Pixel shader 2.0
    128 MB of Video RAM Minimum

* I wouldn't buy the cheapest though, it might run aero but not the newer pc games.