Enterprise customers with new CPUs will require Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Garbellano, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
  2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kuroda

kuroda MDL Senior Member

Aug 25, 2012
    ...THE PARTY'S OVER....:cool:M$$

4. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    #5 Mutagen, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    Resistance Is Futile You Will Be Assimilated

Glad I took the time to learn Ubuntu and Linux Mint well enough to kiss M$ bye-bye.

Will this Kaby Rape processor block them as well?

5. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    i could care less about this we can always mod windows to run on older cpu's like we have done since windows 7 with hacking a file to use windows 7 on a pc with 128mb's of ram this isnt a issue

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cavveman

cavveman MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2012
    For the tech-savvy no. But the ordinary user will find it frustrating. And for smaller companies that can not always afford the latest stuff, that takes everything one step at a time.

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    unfortunately (or fortunately for some) a lot of "ordinary" users and/or small businesses are still on XP (10.93%) and Vista (1.62%). They've never heard of Win7 (55.68%) or beyond lol

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I'm on windows 10 and have an Skylake processor so no problem here except for the policy from microsoft to pull a trick like this :eek:

9. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    @endbase: Skylake+Win10=:hug2:; try Skylake+Windows 7 SP1 see how that goes :g:

10. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #11 endbase, Jan 17, 2016
    Haha yeah that will be fast I guess except that I would have to install the beloved windows 7 on my main machine :D

Ps and the fact that they don't support new Processors on old windows does not mean it will not run I guess :tea:

11. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Meat[On]A[Stick] MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Q: What's worse than Windows XP with no MS support?

A: Windows XP with MS support.

Any chance there will be an upsurge in XP use with Microsoft's and Intel's attempt to destroy what was once known as "freedom of choice"?

Windows OS, no longer a product, is now a "service" and they are going to service the hell out of us.

12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  13. ashish.k

ashish.k MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2014

This is just MS forcing at least the new users to Windows 10 because deep down they know that the old folks like and know Win7's stability and reliability.

Also they now make revenue by tracking users, pushing ads, app suggestions and store in Win10. They've nothing to get from Win7/8.1 now except to offer support until end date.

14. ashish.k

ashish.k MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2014
    There's no chance XP would run on these latest machines. No driver support at all. Also not to mention 3rd party application support is declining.

Face the fact, good old XP is DEAD!

15. draken

draken MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2008
    #17 draken, Jan 17, 2016
    Agreed, but only because there is no driver support.

Apart from that, it would run, certainly.

We're talking about getting the OS running, not about supporting new features.

Windows 7 and 8.1 are from another story.

Those new silicons not supporting pre-Windows 10 OSes are BS and so their claims of Windows 10 + Skylake being 30x better graphics and 3x more battery life are pure marketing.

Those are improvements of the graphics architecture itself (surely not 30x better) and manufacturing process.

Basically Microsoft is telling all hardware manufacturers not to support any pre-Windows 10 OSes, just to force users to move to Windows 10.

This is just as stupid as it can be. I've seen most manufacturers releasing drivers supporting their new hardware in Vista last year (who uses Vista?) at their own discretion and now Microsoft demands them to stop?!

Just hope they get what they deserve.

Remember that we're talking about getting the OS running, not about supporting new features.

16. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
  17. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    When I actually see a verified screenshot of a popup showing Windows 7 refusing to install or run on a new processor I will believe this. Otherwise it is just FUD

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    What I'll write now, is just my personal meaning from the point of view of a Business Owner. I simply will not go into a discussion because those are heated up very fast by a bunch of MDL members (all times the same) with abusing, attacking and so on, what all I really didn't like. I didn't communicate that way with others and I didn't like they do that way with me.

On Topic:
    WHY should Microsoft support their new Software (OS'es, Apps, etc.) on older Processors? Isn't it that in most cases there would be a need of changes in the new software for to support that old hardware?! That such changes, which could be immense, would cost a lot of effort and also money, should be understandable by normal thinking people!

There tenth of thousand of employees working in the development at Microsoft and all of them get paid for their work! And already thousands of employees have lost their jobs at Microsoft because of the declining Computer business. Still, Microsoft need to produce new OS'es/App's etc. for to keep the company running, and the rule in any business is, the final user has to pay for all of that! Period!

The fact is, with Windows 10, Microsoft has started to change quite a bit of the way HOW they would 'deliver' their product. At this time, and for many months, if not years to go, the most private user will get the OS Windows 10 for free and will not have to pay a single Cent, if they simply follow the way and rules Microsoft delivered to them! There millions, not to say trillions of example why any business is like that, and any normal thinking and educated human should know that because he accepts that many times every single day of his life! And just to mention for those who didn't understand that: That applies to any single Product, Service etc., which is bought by any single person at any time that person order and'or pay for it in any means!

Reading the post's about Windows 10 here at MDL, it still seems to be that those new and FREE OS is still too expensive (in many means) for the user's! That Microsoft tries to benefit a bit from those free user the way they openly implemented Telemetry etc. in Windows 10, should simply be understandable! And regarding the How To....., the fact is, that most user never ever read those notes and rules, instead started shouting and complaining! That not applies for MDL Members only, it applies to most of the user around the world.

Isn't it to wonder that, under such circumstances, Microsoft was starting to change some of the proclaimed rules again? Personally, I don't wonder, I just wonder why they not just turned back to the old way to sell the OS instead of giving it for free!

That just a very few points while much more available. Think what you like, that's just how I'm thinking! And again: I WILL NOT DISCUSS MY THINKING!

And last but not least: Please do not start attacking, accusing or otherwise what I've written above. I didn't attacking, accusing etc. anybody because I accept that everybody (should) have his own mind and the freedom to express his vies. Thanks.