Enterprise vs Professional - which is Currently simpler to use WRT Updates ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by digitalbear, Oct 26, 2015.

1. digitalbear

digitalbear MDL Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I know there have been thousands of posts with comparison, all I'm asking up till now is it still better to use Enterprise with easier update manipulation or has the 3rd party scripts & tools become simple (practical) enough to rather use the (preferred) Pro-version ?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    This is just a personal opinion:

If you like to hacking your Windows, use the Enterprise! The reason is the Activation! Enterprise activates via KMS Service (whatever way you use) and not Microsoft Activation Server! Noprmal Windows 10 (Pro and/or Home) need Activation via an Microsoft Activation Server, which could end up with some problems to get your hacked Windows activated!

Anyway, you have to choose what way you like to go!

Good Luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. digitalbear

digitalbear MDL Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Thank you Pisthai, for me I prefer using a fully legal & valid Windows installation, but I like a hack a little bit as well to customize a little bit, but don't want to spent hours getting the desired effect the I loose interest.

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012

I'm on Enterprise I see little difference with pro if you like a fully legal OS I would advice you to stay on Pro ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I use Legal Software only, in my company and private!

Regarding Windows, using VL (Volume License) and Enterprise versions, ease the process of activation. Using 'normal' Windows and not VL nor Enterprise, could end up with quite some headache if the user is hacking the OS because the activation is 'controlled' via the Microsoft Activation Servers. That way it isn't done while using KMS Services for activations of VL and Enterprise versions.

Even if the MS Activation Servers shows, while checking for the status: "This Windows is permanently activated!", that 'permanently' didn't really mean PERMANENT! In case some of the system and/or it files get altered, that status could and even would change to: "This Windows is not activated!" as a result of a hack!

In case of the question of the OP, he didn't mentioned that he would use legit Product Key's only, just that he like to alter the OS and what would be the most easy way to 'manipulate' Updates etc.! Therefore I pointed to Activation Process!

It's simply up to the OP what way he really like and/or will go!

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @pisthai

FYI, Pro SKU can also be 'legally' KMS activated.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I know that and I even use that legally, using our own legal KMS Server!

In fact, you should have known that from conservations we had about that here on MDL already in the past!

Also, not verybody has access to a legal KMS Server, instead using not sooooo legal other ways, like MKT etc., for such service. Personally I don't mind about that, just wouldn't use that for my own, except for short time testings!