Epson scanner problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sandro, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Sandro

Sandro MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2008
    I have Epson Stylus dx7450 multifunkcionale printer. Epson scan not work. Says: please setup scan program again. But the setup was good. What is the problem?

2. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I had problems with my Epson 4180 scanner - haven't figured it out yet - using Win 7 build 7048x64 and build 7057 x64.

When/if I get it to work - I'll let you know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Sandro,

I have the scanner working in build 7057 x64, as it was in 7048 x64. The Epson software doesn't seem to install properly, but the scanner can be used by using Windows Fax and Scan.

I have tried installing the Epson software in various compatablitly moeds - no luck. Will continue trying.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    it sucks there is no ACT for Windows 7 yet, it is good for when software doesn't want to work on different versions of windows when it did on previous versions.

5. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I had it working on Win 7 beta at one point - last couple of builds - no good.

6. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Compatibility

The Perfection 4180 scanner is compatible up to and through Vista. MS states that it was conscious of compatibility issues in the development of Win7 and that, as a rule, compatibility issues with Vista soft/hardware should be minimized; what is compatible in Vista will be compatible in Win7. As Win7 is further developed and supported, drivers will have to be updated by vendors to take advantage of the Win7 platform. In the mean time, what to do?

1. Keep an eye on the Win7 compatibility list;
    2. Check for updated drivers, whether with MS or the soft/hardware vendor;
    3. Try to install/launch drivers/progs in Compatibility Mode which I find works most of the time.

I think in most instances the issue will be resolved as new drivers are released.

Monk

7. Sandro

Sandro MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2008
    [Thank You! I will try setup many kinds of mode. If will work, describe the metod. Good look!

8. Riicckk

Riicckk MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2009
    Yes. The way to get Epson scanners working.
    Extract the original epson x.exe file with something like WinRar or 7zip.
    Then use old school method by going into device manager or printers and scanners, and doing a driver update and pointing to the files extracted. Look for the x.inf file.
    Worked for me!
    P.S this has to be done after trying the install that has been done by other members.

9. djs

djs MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    I've got my Epson RX585 and Nikon LS50 scanner to work.
    This works if you have another O.S partition like Vista installed. Probably works for XP if you haven't got Vista

In Windows 7 go to Device Manager, uninstall the driver and when prompted, choose update driver and browse to the Vista Windows System 32 installation partition and the scanner driver will be installed from there.

It took me a couple of goes to get it, but I've done it several times now as I install the new beta's to a formatted partition.

10. djs

djs MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    You can install the trial version of VueScan from Ed Hamrick. You can then use the Nikon software, Vuescan installs a driver for a 64 bit OS. Nikon scanner will then run on a 64bit installation.

It was the final part of the jigsaw that persuaded me to go x64.

11. Sandro

Sandro MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2008
    VueScan work very well instead of EpsonScan in x64 base.