EPU engine 4 in windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by sanwolverine, Jul 8, 2015.

1. sanwolverine

sanwolverine MDL Novice

May 30, 2015
    i have old motherboard M4A88T-M

does come with epu engine 4 for cpu fan speed,if u dont use epu engine 4,then fan speed is always on full speed and it is bit noisy,but if u use epu engine then pc gets hang in minute or so

any solutions to my problem it,
    that is ,i want to use epu engine,or any slimier software for fan speed

2. everesee

everesee MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Change your motherboard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    At quick glance, it seems EPU engine is an ASUS product? If so, you need their support. And with that in-mind, ASUS is likely to not care about this situation (their support for older products is non-existent for the most part).

So realistically, you'll need to use another method of fan control under Windows. SpeedFan is a common choice. Alternatively, could either deal with 100% fan speed (maybe just change the fan if you want it to be quieter), change it via BIOS (assuming it has that kind of control), or just use another operating system.

4. rEApEAt

rEApEAt MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    1. Please check "2.5.5 - HW Monitor Configuration" (page 2-18 in the english manual).

2. Disable EPU engine 4.

3. Reboot and enter the BIOS.

4. Review the options for "HW Monitor Configuration". Enable "Smart Q-FAN" and carefully configure its settings.

5. Boot into the OS and check if it's working. Repeat the process and fine-tune Q-FAN as many times as necessary.

6. Uninstall EPU engine 4.

NOTE: That's what I would do, I can't guarantee it will work.