erased MAC HD. Only have WIN XP now...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by slolatino, Feb 5, 2011.

1. slolatino

slolatino MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2011
    So i was ont he mac os and i went to disk utiliy and clicke don the mac partition and clicked erased, hoping i could boot from cd and reinstall it fresh. but when i click language it says CANNOT INSTALL ON THIS COMPUTER? SO now I can onyl us windows...

macbook black A1181
    core 2 duo 2.1
    1 gb ram

:(

I think cuz the cd i have is 10.5.6 and its not the one it came with this comp and i idk...any help

2. @muja@

@muja@ MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Insert install MAC OS X dvd,boot from cd/dvd holding down "C" key,then chose disk utilities format hd and start fresh installation..thats it.
    Hope that helps.

3. @muja@

@muja@ MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Or if that doesn't do it, boot to a DiskWarrior disc __h.t.t.p//alsoft.com , and repair the corrupted Mac partition.
    hope that help..

4. johnkeates

johnkeates MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2009
    Since windows xp doesn't play nice with newer technologies like GPT, HFS+J and EFI, the only real way to do things, is make a backup of everything, and then format the drive.

You'll need to go to disk utility whilst booted from the Mac OS X installer, and then go to "Partition" and select "1 Partition". Then go to "Options" and select "GUID" or "GPT" (depends on your version - however, APM or MBR won't work).
    Then the new partition should be formatted HFS+ Journaled. Press Apply, and be on your way.

By the way, all of this is listed on Apple's support site, and on the first page of google when searching for this.