Error 0x80070490 Windows 10 store

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by sprtfan, Feb 28, 2016.

1. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    I have 2 log ins on my computer. One for me and one for my daughter. I can download and install apps with no problem on my log in, but when I switch to hers, the app will download and then say installing, but when it get to the end I get and error 0x80070490 I have tried the troubleshooter and ran it for Windows Update, Windows Store Apps, and Background Intelligent Transfer Service. I also tried runningwsreset.exe and nothing worked. I've tried a few other things as well and nothing has fixed the problem. The only other thing I can think of is delete her log in and then add it back in but would rather not do that if I can avoid it. Any advice? Thanks

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    try tweaking.com AIO repair tool. on her acc in safemode with net.
    then try running the mediacreationtool.exe on hers to re upgrade it.. usually works.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    First you could do a simple sfc /scannow command (commandprompt with admin rights).

If it finds repairable errors it will repair them during the scan.

If it isn't able to repair then paste this command: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

Check the txt file on your desktop.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    first do in CMD admin or powershell admin.
    chkdsk /f and press Y to schedule it on reboot. (and do restart pc)
    run adwcleaner on it.
    then
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    then after restart
    sfc /scannow

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yeah, always go the long and winding road ;)

Just first do a simple sfc /scannow command.

6. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    I ran sfc /scannow and no problems were found. I moved on to the tweaking AIO repair tool next before seeing your other posts. It found several errors and a few pertained to the store. It is running the repairs now and I'll update when it finishes. Thanks for the help.

7. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    After it finished, I was still not able to download the apps I was trying too. Then I tried an app that I have never downloaded before and it works fine. The apps that will not download were installed on my account. I uninstalled them from my account and then logged back into my daughters and tried again and they still will not work. If an app is installed on one account, it doesn't need to redownload it to install it on another. I'm guessing this has something to do with the problem. Any other suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    This is the typical error, and usually refers to a damaged Windows files or servicing of the components (the Component-Based Servicing or simply CBS manifest is corrupted.)
    Usually, it can not be improved and the sfc will not give any results.
    It is worth remembering also that the much recommended Dism ... does not work with Windows 10 event. You can try, but will not get positive results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    It seems that the USER who installs an app is the owner and only gives using rights to other USERS - so they can neither update or UN-install/re-install the app.

Try installing any app using "only for me" option and it should not appear in other USER's account. Now try installing the same in other user account. Might work - I have not tried. ;)

Also try changing the rights of your daughter's account to admin and see.

10. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    Best course of action at this point then would be to delete my daughters account and the recreate it?

11. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #11 xinso, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    How about:

1. Log in User A
    2. Take Ownership of \Users\B\AppData\Local\Packages, and delete it
    3. Copy \Users\A\AppData\Local\Packages to \Users\B\AppData\Local\
    4. Log out User A, then log in User B (now the Start Menu is NOT functional)
    5. Right-click on the Start, and run Command Prompt (Admin)
    6. Input the command and press Enter
    Code:
    powershell
    7. Copy&Paste the command and press Enter
    Code:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

12. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #12 Hadron-Curious, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    You should have asked about the version of Windows 10 build he is trying to carry out the process. This command is no longer effective in fixing non-responding START in new variants of Windows 10.

13. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #13 xinso, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    I cannot reproduce the error. So I just now tried it on Build 14271. And it worked (for me).

14. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I tried it in 10586(being the stable build released to general users) and it seemed not to respond. However, it is good as you have confirmed it is working in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14271.

15. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    I'm on 10586. I gave it a try and got an error. I also can't open the windows store now. I was on the slow ring before, would it be worth rejoining to get on preview build and try again or would it be best to recreate the user log in? I don't mind messing around with it and have everything of any importance backed up. Thanks for the help

16. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    The last time I lost store it was ccleaner, so if you have run it lately, hope you make backups of what it eliminated. I put my backups back on, rebooted, had store back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    Have an update. Things are all most working ok but I still have one app that will not install. I'm now getting Error 0x80073CF0 when trying to install one app. Other apps seem to be ok. I looked up the code and it means ERROR_INSTALL_OPEN_PACKAGE_FAILED. Any ideas on how to go about fixing this? Thanks

18. sprtfan

sprtfan MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    I just noticed that when I go to the store, under the Rate and review this app section, there is a message saying that "This app needs hardware your device doesn't have, hindering app performance. Rating and reviewing is turned off."
    I have this app installed on other similar PCs and it works fine. I have had it install on this PC at one point also and worked fine. It also says that I own this product and can install it on this device so it looks like it should still install but doesn't.

19. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #19 lobo11, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Have you run a registry cleaner lately

In ADMIN Cmd Prompt type sfc /scannow may take up to 3 times
    press enter on keyboard