Error 0x800F0922 when re-enabling "Media Features"

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by quetzalin, Mar 7, 2017.

1. quetzalin

quetzalin MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2011
    Hello!,

I'm facing the next issue, and can't find a solution...

I need to re-enable the "Media Features" because they are required to install other software but i'm encountering the next error: Error code: 0x800F0922 .

All the info i find about this error is related to .NET 3.5 or Cumulative Update not being able to be installed but they have nothing to do with my error.

I can even uninstall .NET 3.5 and reinstall without any problem.

So far i tried the commands:

sfc /scannow -> Reports everything is ok.

dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth -> OK
    dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth -> OK
    dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:C:\ISO\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess -> OK

And i even tried to install the Media Features with dism and using a wim but i get the same error

dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:MediaPlayback /Source:wim:C:\ISO\sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess /All
    or
    dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:WindowsMediaPlayer /Source:wim:C:\ISO\sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess /All

My Windows is a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1607 14393.693

Any help would be appreciated :(

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    1. Do you use any third-party antivirus program?
    2. Do you can use Windows Update normally and install/upgrade Windows apps using Store?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. quetzalin

May 25, 2011
    1. No, only Windows Defender is activated.
    2. I can use Windows Update fine, for example i just installed the daily Windows Defender definitions without any problem. About Store, even tho i'm not using any Store APP at all i tried installing something new now (Netflix app) and it installed correctly.

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #4 kaljukass, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. quetzalin

May 25, 2011
    It is not a N edition i have, i disabled Media Features on Windows Features time ago and can't re-enable.

I forgot to mention i already tried downloading the Media Pack and install but i get an error that it can't be installed on my system (since it is not an N edition ofc...)

I'm really out of ideas and this seems to be a very odd error :/

6. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Posting C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log might help

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
  8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    If it helps, and you are all right, just let me know.

9. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    #11 abbodi1406, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Did you ran Dism /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

the issue seems related to this schedule task
    Code:
    Microsoft\Windows\Windows Media Sharing\UpdateLibrary
    try to run these commands before enabling feature
    Code:
    schtasks /delete /tn "\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Media Sharing\UpdateLibrary" /f
    rmdir /s /q "%SystemRoot%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Media Sharing"
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Media Sharing" /f

10. quetzalin

May 25, 2011
    #12 quetzalin, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Thanks thanks thanks!, you are a genius, Dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase fixed the problem!.

I had to run it twice tho; the first time it couldn't complete, giving an error System cannot find the file specified and when i was writing a post with the dism.log i ran a second one and it actually completed fine so i immediatly tried to re-enable Media Features and i was able to!.

(Didn't try the other commands)