ERROR 105/net: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by loybanks, Jan 5, 2011.

1. loybanks

loybanks MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2011
    Sure hope you can help me. Problem is with HP Laptop dv9815nr..Using Vista

I have a Netgear Wireless Connection. The connection is hot, active or whatever one might call it. But when I try to open a web site in Google Chrome or IE or Firefox I keep getting Error 105 /net: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED The server could not be found. So I believe the problem is with a setting in the machine.

I've seen any number of solutions at Google.com/support/forum. And I've tried a number of them. But so far I'm between a rock and a hard spot. Nothing allows me to access the Net thru the browsers when in "Wireless Mode".

I can connect when using the Ethernet Cable. So Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Loy Banks
    Pueblo West, CO

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Have you tried resetting your router ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. loybanks

loybanks MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2011

Yes I have numerous times. I bought this new NETGEAR Modem/Router hoping it might solve the problem. You see I had the problem before this new Modem. I've tried numerous solutions, but I'm still looking for anything that can solve this problem. Thanks for your continued help.