Error 800F0A13 - Can't install Win7 SP1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by WhiteZero, Feb 24, 2011.

1. WhiteZero

WhiteZero MDL Junior Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Tried to update to SP1 today, getting error 800f0a13 from Windows update. I also downloaded the install direct from MS, windows6.1-KB976932-X64. I get a generic error saying "Service pack installation cannot continue. One or more system component that the service pack requires are missing"

I was running an older version of Windows Loader, somewhere around 1.8.x, so I updated to the newest 1.9.7, same result.

Any ideas? This Error 800F0A13 appears to be an unknown.

I'm in Windows 7 Ultimate x64

2. 38snubby

38snubby MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    I have this to. It has to do with Driver Sweeper. I am just going to do a clean install. I am tired of dealing with it. As a new member I cant post the links that would help you but check over on the techpowerup forum.

3. WhiteZero

Nov 29, 2009
    A clean install of Windows? f**k...
    I might try a repair install or inPlace upgrade to the same version..

4. tRO

tRO MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    is the error msg "PATH_NOT_FOUND" or similar?
    if yes then u must have done some deletion to FileRepository files.
    simply just copy back those deleted files from a fresh install of Win7 in a virtual machine
    and will get SP1 installed right away

5. WhiteZero

Nov 29, 2009
    Don't think thats it. I don't see "PATH_NOT_FOUND" displayed anywhere in the error...

6. WhiteZero

Nov 29, 2009
    Well... it kind of worked. After "installing" SP1 and rebooting, I get an error 0x800f0826.
    Gah! Going to try copying the missing ATi files from a Virtual Machine.

7. tRO

tRO MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    Told you you have drivers missing in the FileRepository folder, you won't listen

8. WhiteZero

Nov 29, 2009
    CheckSUR showed me what files I was missing. The Driver Sweeper backup doesn't restore them properly and I can't manually put the files there due to a permissions error.

I tried doing a Windows Upgrade to the same version, but this has resulted in my system hanging at "Starting Windows." Trying to recover from that now.

9. WhiteZero

Nov 29, 2009
    Ok, that was scary. After like 10 reboots and running chkdsk, I'm finally able to get back to my desktop.
    Time to try SP1 again...