(Error: FADT not found!) Bios recovery?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Trey, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Trey

Trey MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2011
    I've been trying to rescue an Acer Aspire 3810tz that got wrecked by a bad (Insyde) bios update several months ago. I can get into bios screen, it'll try to load windows, but will restart before it gets all the way. It won't run Mini XP from Hirens, but it will run Mini Win98 from Hirens.

When I try flashing from DOS it spits out "Error: FADT not found!" I can't find much on this error, it appears to have something to do with ACPI. I haven't found a way past that. If I try the Acer emergency bios recovery trick (FN+ESC) it'll just kick out to a Dos prompt C:

Anyone have any ideas on how to turn this brick back into a computer?

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #5 Daz, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Trey

Trey MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2011
    I've tried flashing from a DOS formated USB, and also using the emergency method, putting the BIOS file on a FAT formated USB and booting while holding FN+ESC. The error in the bios seems to have borked it just enough to screw it up slightly. Since it won't run Win7 or XP, but will run Win98, and DOS... it's not running NT systems?

6. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #7 Daz, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    If it's a system you've replaced and it's not that important, and if you can't seem to fix it no matter what you do then maybe try linux on it? I'd suggest Mint LXDE since it doesn't take much to run it and it'd look a lot nicer than Windows 98.

When flashing via the recovery method (FN+ESC) are you sure that your files named correct? That's very important so if you're not sure maybe you could just place the file onto the USB with different names and of course try different USB ports. And apparently systems normally beep while they're searching for the file, or maybe an LED will flash on some so if you get neither then maybe the key combination is different for your system :g:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Trey

Trey MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2011
    I'm actually not sure how to find out what the correct bios file name should be, so I tried 6 or 7 different ones. None worked, all kicked out to a dos prompt instead of flashing.

8. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #9 Daz, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  9. spiderman_pink

spiderman_pink MDL Member

Jul 1, 2009
    just sharing, i faced this situation too.

had to load the bios in the phoenix tool to find out the recovery name, which was JM31X64.fd.

copied it to a fat formatted usb drive. battery removed, ac and usb drive plugged in. pressed power+esc+fn

the screen should be blank, eco led and hdd led lights up. when flashing is done, the system will automatically reboot. tadaa! hopefully this helps!