Error message with Daz Loader on Apple Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nabio, May 4, 2010.

1. Nabio

Nabio MDL Novice

May 4, 2010
    Greetings, new here. I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a partition on my Macbook Pro -- it's on the last of three partitions on the disk. Everything boots up well. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out this loader thing, as it's a bit new to me. When I run the Daz Loader version 1.79 as administrator, it indicates that my BIOS is APPLE, which I believe is a problem. When I try the software install in any of the modes it just tells me an error has been recorded to the log.

It's really odd because while usually Google searches for this kind of thing are fruitful, I cannot find a single guide on how exactly to do this on a Mac. That leads me to believe something is amiss with my particular setup, so I was hoping I could get some help here from the source community behind these things.

If you need more info let me know and I'll oblige. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #2 Daz, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    Thats what Windows identifies it as, my loader however should default the certificate, serial & SLIC to Acer.

Could you please try installing the latest version of my loader which can be found in my signature as that may bypass the error or display whats exactly wrong :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    That is actually not an issue because apple computers do have the Apple Bios in them. Like Daz said, it uses Acer if it needs too. Maybe he could add Apple Bios support if it is even possible. Just like what he said try the latest version which is 1.8 rc1 and see if that helps. If it does not then go into the Grub menu during bootup(I believe you press "R") and take a note of the info that is there. That info could help Daz debug the loader and create a fix for a later build because the rc1 is still in the develop stage and he wants to make the final 1.8 build.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nabio

Nabio MDL Novice

May 4, 2010
    Daz,

I just tried it with the 1.8 beta in your signature and it appears to have installed and activated properly. When I repoen the loader it says Activated(Untouched) and the My Computer Properties indicated the software is activated. Thanks a ton, I appreciate it.

However... an odd thing happened after the restart as well. I use Refit as a boot menu, and now my Windows partition shows up as a Legacy OS with a different icon. It still boots Windows when I choose it like its supposed to so its purely cosmetic, but do you have any idea why this may be the case? Thanks again!

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    that is probably because the loader actually boots up before the OS does, that is how it works. Since you had the Refit bootmenu which I am guessing is a third party boot manager it is normal to see minor changes. As long as you are activated and able to boot both win7 and MAC then you should be fine dude. Glad to hear that it worked for you. BTW, you don't have to but I recommend that you install the 1.8 final version when Daz releases it because it might fix even more bugs that may be affecting you or anyone else for that matters that does not know it. It is just a "The final is out, should I still use BETA?" :)