ESET Remote Adminsitrator

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by venomhed, Oct 18, 2011.

1. venomhed

venomhed MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2010
    Hello,

Since there is a bypass to ESET Nod32 AV and SS I was wondering if there was a way to bypass the ESET Remote Administrator App as well? It is nice to be able to control, distribute and download updates in one central location to be pushed out to all your system.

Thanks

2. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    ESET have 3 components:

1. ESET Remote Administrator Console
    2. ESET Remote Administrator Server
    3. ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

1. with console you can
    - manage the server component (logs, paths, group, active directory support ...) and apply license file to server.(user name and password is not enough)
    - make your custom options for installation (cfg.xml)
    - make custom configuration for push to client

2. server component have mirror for updates and http server, and license for clients.

3. business edition of software ESS or EAV(different from home version). ESS have firewall built in.

at my workplace administer this solution for 4 years and I can tell you that it is perfect.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. venomhed

venomhed MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2010
    Thanks but

I do know what the product is about, but I am looking for a way to bypass the license requirement for it. It requires a license when you buy the Business Edition product, which is fine, but I want to use it at home for my lab etc.

4. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    You can install console without server and it works without key or license, but is useless without a server.

Server component is protected with license files, and access to antiviral amendments to ESET is protected by username and password. The license is the buyer's name encoded packets, number of clients on the server and client license. The license is limited in time.

I am not aware of anyone making an application to create licenses for the server other than the manufacturer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...