ESET Smart Security?? Shall I buy it?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Ancestor, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Ancestor

Ancestor MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2011
    Based on the many recommendations in my poll of which AntiVirus to buy, most users voted for NOD32, so I went to the site and saw Eset Smart Security, the price difference is not a problem here as it is not big.

I am trying the demo but the demo does not update itself (strange if u ask me) says wrong username / password

Is this program good? Same like NOD32?

Does it cause more of an annoyance than actual protection like other Firewalls or is it good, easy to setup and worth the money?

2. Taser

Taser MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2011
    After Kaspersky, Eset smart security is best in terms of all round protection for your system

Currently using it and faced no problems whatsoever

To use trial version register again with your email, username and password will be sent to your inbox

3. Ancestor

Ancestor MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2011
    Thanks man....any more feedback from current ESS users?

4. jamezb3

jamezb3 MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2009
    You can google for trial passwords too.

5. Ancestor

Ancestor MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2011
    guys, I bought a 2 year license for ESS for 2 Users, the price difference between a 2 year license for 2 users and 1 user was only $7 USD so I paid for a 2 user license which was $89 USD as opposed to $82 USD.

But I only got 1 username / password in my inbox....

does that mean I can use that same username / password on 2 computers safely and not expect Eset to ban my key?

6. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Obviously the answer is yes otherwise they would have sent you 2 usernames and passwords....

7. Ancestor

Ancestor MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2011
    kthxbye ...........

8. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Not necessary, unless they changed recently, I remember they always used to send 1 user/pass no matter how many licences one buys

sebus

9. Ancestor

Ancestor MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2011
    So how can they really know how many users are actually using that license? I may tell them I am using it on 2 computers when I am using it on 4 (not saying that I am). How do they monitor this?

Also, I use a proxy breaker or identiy theft like TOR to bypass a few blocked sites in the country where I live in. Sio by me using that program, if NOD32 updates at that time, it means that ESET will see a different IP address used for that particular license...wouldn't this cause an issue?

Sorry for my n00b questions but I wanna know how all this works.

Thank you.

10. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    they don't monitor this, you can pay for 1 license and use it on 10 computers (but it's illegal)
    unless it's get leaked to the net you will be fine.

11. DrM!KEY

DrM!KEY MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2009
    Yes I can verify, as long as it is not leaked on the internet, you can use it on all your computers and they do not check this, they can even be in different continent and they still don't disable.

I know from experience with them.

12. Ancestor

Ancestor MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2011
    thats not very smart from them.... :D

13. bseos

bseos MDL Member

Dec 5, 2007
    1) ESET (Commercial)
    2) MSE, Microsoft Security Essentials (Free)
    3) Kaspersky (COmmercial)

MSE v2 is surprisingly good, its almost at par with ESET and s**ts all over other free alternatives such as AVG an AVAST.

There seems to be a new trend developing over at Microsoft.. they are finally picking up their game.
    MSE and IE9 are finally up there competing with the competition for once.

Funny, i have always wondered why Microsoft wasn't at the top of the AV competing list. No one knows the OS better than them.

14. pasw6

pasw6 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    Guys read at matousec.com for the result, lot's of good stuff

15. bmw e30

bmw e30 MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2011
    ESET Smart Security the best Internet Security
    but Bitdefender Stronger than and cheap

16. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...