'EVE Online' Player Stories Will Turn Into TV Series

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by EmmaWayd, Apr 29, 2013.

1. EmmaWayd

EmmaWayd MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2013
    I want to share with you the news, I found this on mashable.

Icelandic video game developer CCP Games plans to bring the science-fiction universe of EVE Online, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, to television using stories written by some of the game's more than 500,000 subscribers.
    CCP Games announced the news on Eve Online's Facebook page in a post saying the TV series will be "Based on a true story, 20,000 years into the future."
    CCP Games will create the TV series with director Baltasar Kormákur, whose 2012 film The Deep was Oscar-nominated for Best Foreign Language Film.
    "The EVE universe is full of astounding stories of epic battles, daring heists, and gripping political intrigue, all of which will make for an amazing television series," Kormákur said in a statementthis weekend.
    Eve Online players interested in submitting a story for possible inclusion in the TV series are encouraged to vist TrueStories.EVEonline.com, which describes the crowdsourced project as such:
    The decade of history of EVE Online is unique. It has its heroes, scoundrels, heists and intrigue. Unlike other games, those are not stories written by developers and acted out by NPCs. They are true stories about the actions of the players that inhabit this world. Help us capture these true stories and vote for the best submissions! The result of this effort becomes an archive for all to learn about what really happened during the first decade in New Eden. Those true stories will inspire books, comics, TV series or films set in the EVE Universe.
    Eve Online reaches its 10-year anniversary in May. EVE Online's 19th expansion, Odyssey, arrives June 4.
    "The inhabitants of the notorious and beloved EVE universe have 10 years’ worth of dramatic stories to tell," CCP Games CEO Hilmar Veigar Pétursson said in a statement. "Our close collaboration with Baltasar and his creative team gives me confidence that we will capture EVE’s essence, inspiring millions of TV viewers with visions of humanity’s future."

Let's discuss