EVGA 780i bios chip on an XFX motherboard

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by FeckinEgit, Dec 26, 2014.

1. FeckinEgit

FeckinEgit MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2014
    I fried the bios chip on my XFX 780i motherboard so a friend gave me a bios chip from a EVGA 780i motherboard and the computer is now running (for now at least). I thought I could just update the bios chip to the XFX bios and everything would be cool but the chip wont let me update because it thinks it on an EVGA board. I know I can get an XFX bios chip on Ebay for relatively little money but I'd like to just flash the XFX bios myself and make the chip XFX if it is possible. Can it be done? If so, how?

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. FeckinEgit

FeckinEgit MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2014
    Thanks for the quick reply Tito, I've tried that, "awd865 7b1n2p10.bin /py /wb /cd" I still get "The program file's part number does not match with your system!", I'm doing it by USB, I get an error if i try to backup the installed bios, I think its because of write protection but if go to install without backup I still get "The program file's part number does not match with your system!", also sometimes awd865 locks up and the keyboard won't work when awd865 starts up and I have to switch off the computer and start again, which never happened when trying to flash the normal way if that's any help. is there a different code for USB install?