Exchange server 2007

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by micheldewit, Apr 4, 2012.

1. micheldewit

micheldewit MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2012
    #1 micheldewit, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    Good afternoon everyone,
    I have a question;

We have in our organisation 2 main servers; 1 ADDC and 1 Virtualisation Host with Hyper-V.
    We previously had on the ADDC windows 2008 SBS with Exchange.

We back-ed up the exchange mailbox.edb databases and after that, did a clean installation in the network, upgraded to Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise.

After the reinstallation I reinstalled Exchange, version 2010. Apparently this version could not mount the 2007 databases, which caused me to virtualize W2k8 SBS on the hyper-v server.

All went well, I was able to unmount the standard database files, use the backups we had, and remount the database; however, the mailboxes appear not to be restored.
    How can I recover the data that is IN the mailbox databases?
    It might be good to know that on the SBS2008 is Active Directory installed due the fact that our mainnetwork has a new domain installed.
    I would prefer a solution that allows us to recover ALL the mailboxes in 1 go, because the one that is on Technet is not a viable option (Recovering it one by one, by using the physical mailbox name).

2. micheldewit

micheldewit MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2012
    Okey, found the issue; after executing Clean-Mailboxdatabase it recreated all my mailboxes.