Exchange Server 2010 and licenses

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by EKR, Dec 3, 2017.

1. EKR

EKR MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
  2. Md Tarike Hossen

Md Tarike Hossen MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2017
    I join in my digital life can u help me plz

3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    There is no "activation" with Exchange Server. Install it and it is in trial mode. Plug in the volume install key for Standard or Enterprise (I'm sure that's been leaked somewhere) and it is converted to that edition.

User licenses are strictly on the honor system. Since you have no honor, just create however many you need. There is no enforcement.

The above is true at least from 2007, possibly earlier, and continues through the latest CU of 2016. There's no updating needed for a new install, just get the latest CU and install from that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EKR

EKR MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
    Thank you, Myrrh. :)

5. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Agreed 100% with what Threat said.

Standard disclaimer that applies to most anything you read here: My posts are for informational purposes only, and confer no rights on the reader's part nor any obligation or liability on my part.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. EKR

EKR MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
    Because I assumed that the activation license depended on the number of users, I wasn't aware of the licensing until I read up on it a bit more and got feedback from other users.

7. EKR

EKR MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2016
    Of course ;)